Sign in to follow this  
Ngin

Remove restriction to Animal Taming giveaway

Hello, as the title suggest please remove the condition required upon trying to giveaway pets via "/invitations" for the taming skill  to another person which requires to be high enough to keep the animal.

• Like 1

i dont think this limitation needs removed, if you cant tame the creature in the first place then it will just become untamed immediately anyways because you have to retain creatures as the taming effectiveness of it wears off. the limitation if it is something normal that can be lead without taming then this isnt an issue in the first place, the limitation really only restrict people to getting agressive mobs such as bears, wolves, ect. if someone wishes to have these kind of creatures then they should raise their skill to be able to have them. or they can have someone move them into a pen if its for making a zoo or something for them.

On 2/14/2021 at 3:08 PM, eldarian said:

if you cant tame the creature in the first place then it will just become untamed immediately anyways because you have to retain creatures as the taming effectiveness of it wears off.

While this is true I don't this is a reason as to why the option shouldn't be available. I genuinely like the idea and as it is now it doesn't feel like people value taming too much and I think this could add some more depth to the skill.

For instance, the ability to have a high level tamer on your deed who can tame hell horses and then pass them over to other deedmates so that they can all ride together quickly to a destination or perhaps give everyone bears so that they can go on a joint hunting quest. Just as other skills are able to share their spoils I think tamers should be able to do the same. 

58 minutes ago, Zuelatak said:

While this is true I don't this is a reason as to why the option shouldn't be available. I genuinely like the idea and as it is now it doesn't feel like people value taming too much and I think this could add some more depth to the skill.

For instance, the ability to have a high level tamer on your deed who can tame hell horses and then pass them over to other deedmates so that they can all ride together quickly to a destination or perhaps give everyone bears so that they can go on a joint hunting quest. Just as other skills are able to share their spoils I think tamers should be able to do the same. 

This was exactly my thoughts.

The bigger problem is that tamed creatures don't stay that way. If you're thinking of Ark or Atlas, yea, their tamed creatures are much better designed.

maybe as an alternative taming can be treated like caring for 1 per 10 skill. oe maybe when the animal/pet/mob is given away  the pet immedietly starts an aggressive loss in taming level. I.E. the tame only lasts for 4 days at the highest taming level. This obviously would not work for fo priests and charm spell.