Sign in to follow this  
Smwoodburn

Bandit Camps! PVE stuffs

6 hours ago, Antony said:

me likey. We definitely do need new PVE content and bandits occupying recently abandoned deeds is a fantastic idea.

Super Idea😃

• Like 2

KAL CORP XEN

I think the topic is still interesting.

I now think that for implementation, developers can simply take how camps with rift monsters are generated. Just make them more often and filled with other monsters (people below the moral plinth will do too)

On 2/17/2021 at 3:28 PM, Smwoodburn said:

[09:26:29] 8 other players are online. You are on Chaos (666 totally in Wurm). seee and for chaos being a 16x16 this is very disproportionate. pve players far outweigh pvpers

But, doesn't that suggest to you that maybe people are enjoying aspects of the game that aren't the fighting ? Surely if more people wanted the combat stuff - then PVP would be busier than PvE - I like the rifts, and I like the idea of more interaction off deed, but I don't agree another combat situation is the way to do it, I like Zuel's idea of treasure maps (you can find bits of a map similair to clues in Arch) but for FAR better rewards than a cache... 

Or having to improve mission structures, or creatures to capture (not kill)... I don't mind a bit of fighting, but I (and many I play with) don't want a higher level of violence, just "more to do" as it were.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, HeddWyn said:

But, doesn't that suggest to you that maybe people are enjoying aspects of the game that aren't the fighting ? Surely if more people wanted the combat stuff - then PVP would be busier than PvE - I like the rifts, and I like the idea of more interaction off deed, but I don't agree another combat situation is the way to do it, I like Zuel's idea of treasure maps (you can find bits of a map similair to clues in Arch) but for FAR better rewards than a cache... 

Or having to improve mission structures, or creatures to capture (not kill)... I don't mind a bit of fighting, but I (and many I play with) don't want a higher level of violence, just "more to do" as it were.

I have to agree with this. I personally prefer PVE myself as I like working with other players and not against them and most other players I've known are of the same mindset. But we really do need more adventure type aspects in general.

• Like 4

I don't think people are scared of fighting. The general issue most people don't want to admit (pvpers especially) is that players don't like the idea of losing their stuff and having to recraft or rebuy their items, hence the pvp scene is dead to dying. That and the lack of decent incentives to pvp other than pvp itself. 

People want a challenge, just not one that involves weeks of replacing their gear. Pve could do with some shaking up, difficulty wise in the aspect of exploration / survival / fighting. Once you hit 80 FS or so and have some decent 80 ql + armor or scale, most mobs become afk gameplay. 

Bandit camps could be a good start, maybe even some more dangerous foes could be thrown into the mix between regular mobs and uniques. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, elentari said:

I don't think people are scared of fighting. The general issue most people don't want to admit (pvpers especially) is that players don't like the idea of losing their stuff and having to recraft or rebuy their items, hence the pvp scene is dead to dying. That and the lack of decent incentives to pvp other than pvp itself. 

Oh I don't think it is people are scared of fighting, I just think that the majority of people on PvE enjoy other aspects of the game as much or more than the combat - as I say, I enjoy the rifts, I enjoy hunting, I agree that some more mobs that are "intermediate" would be welcome and even some harder mobs, designed more for the higher level fighters on the grid to challange, as yes, for some, all but the hardest are AFK kills (I know my hubby was shocked/surprised and kind of pleased when his toon afk'd a wolf the other day as he isn't a fighter at all lol) but on the whole, I would be looking for more adventure based stuff to do with other players, rather than yet another combat situation.

It would be nice if we had to gather a group to say find and charm/heal a creature for rewards for example or have to build something together (yes I know we have mission builds and collosi (sp) but you CAN build those alone if you choose), which is why I think something like treasure hunts would be a big win for me.. I am looking for something to bribe my hubby off deed with, that won't involve killing something (or getting killed himself) as he really doesn't like the fighting aspect and will only fight to defend himself, not for "pleasure".

• Like 3

I think Wurm needs more pve content. Specifically the VS part. It doesn't take long to skill up so that the environment just doesn't present much of a challenge. 

I know the main idea of Wurm is crafting and building and I'd like it to stay that way. But there are weapons and guards. But after the early stages of the game as long as you have a sword on you your probably safe. There are a lot of ideas that add challenges that don't add any risk to player who aren't ready for it. I think it makes a lot of sense that abandoned deeds would have a couple bandits you've got to fight off. Bandits also add some story to why crates and bsbs loss their contents over time. Although I don't think it should be too hard to fight off the bandits. I know one of the biggest breaks I got early in my game was finding a deed with a lot of good stuff that helped a lot.