Sign in to follow this  
Xor

Essence drain VS life Transfer

What do you think is better for a killing / hunting?

after 70 FS I have always felt like LT is overkill a bit and wonder if ED is sufficient enough to keep you healthy and then helps kill faster, or if it maybe isn’t quite enough. 

• Like 1

I took my priestess from 1 to 70 FS with a 102 cast Essence Drain Longsword.  It had high botd, but no imbues, no epic cherry titles, and she had absolutely no issues.  Standard horseback fighting with large wood shield and said longsword.  I'd personally say, for less experienced players or those who's its their first time taking a toon to 70 FS to go with LT until at least 50 and then it's safer to switch to a higher cast Essence Drain.

• Like 1

I'm curious if anyone wants to join this conversation about how we gain weapon xp.

I heard you get more based on damage.  I do not think the essence drain damage counts (it is additional damage).

Therefore, LT is better as you are doing more damage with the weapon.  Or is the damage insignificant, and it is better to kill more mobs for more xp?

• Like 1

depends on your stats honestly. on a high level character (body strength, weapon skill, fs, armor used...) life transfer is absolutely overkill. if you're just starting a new character (without high level armor), it might be worth it over essence drain

Life transfer is a superior enchant. That being said ED is good if you can't get LT

see my professional image:

ffff.png

If you're going for body stats with weapon grinding don't put damage enchants or CoC & BotD on, just LT, & Mind stealer! + (either WOA or nimbleness)

Edited by Firecat