Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

Remove catchup decay on deed

Kinda crazy this is how decay works. I recently bought a magical chest because it "removes" decay, turns out it just stops decay on your valuables until you want to use them? I just don't trust my magical chest anymore. Do traders take returns or am I expected to rip off someone else who hasn't heard of catchup decay before? Also, does this apply to items in the bank or on char as well? Fix seems to be as simple as resetting time since last tick when exiting dmg calculations due to protected from decay, but I am not a programmer so idk.

• Like 2

Yeah, at this point I'm ready to call BS on the LMC and deeds as well. We've been duped! They don't remove decay, they just delay it and accumulate it so you get big ole nasty surprise as soon as you try to use that precious keepsake you've been saving for a special occasion. How does one report a scam in here?

• Like 5

this explains a lot about some of my stuff just accumulating damge especially when i take them off deed

• Like 1

Most times when I see this thread, I'm like, but all foods decay on deed.

Why make an exception for catsup? Or ketchup?

• Like 3

Could call it Whammy decay since it sneaks up you and slams you hard all at once. Either way I'm not a fan of it and don't get why it should even exist.

• Like 4

Would be nice if people were notified about this, if it can not be fixed in a timely manner.

• Like 1

Just curious, does anyone know for certain if this has been fixed or looked into? I have a trader with a bunch of stuff on it that's been off deed for quite a long time, just wondering for safety sake, ty :)

• Like 1

In cases like this one, I wonder if people who design games, actually play them (or generally games) and not just test the mechanics.

If the dev says "working as intended", I really question their intention here.

Say it is a bug(-ish), I would be kinda more fine with it if (with wurm, I don't like using "when") it gets fixed.

+1

Took a few months break (actually tried to quit Wurm) and came back to spend an hour or so repairing a bunch of stuff on my deed and inside multiple containers.  Also found out magic chest is not so magical.  Deeds should reduce decay on most items and items inside of storage to almost nothing.  I have months of upkeep and still paying premium for 2 accounts even though not actively playing.

I hate decorating my deed because everything decays and have to run around doing repair maintenance all the time.  Looks cool having a half made cart next to my warehouse, but it takes huge hits of decay all the time.  Have a rare anchor sitting around my shipping area for decor and it takes massive decay ticks on deed.  Don't want to show it off anymore afraid its going to go poof one day if I forget about it.

Or make some options if you paid for 30 days you get normal deed decay.  If have 3 or 6 months or more upkeep then decay for most items should almost stop.

I don't like how I don't play for a few months even though I paid for a year of premium and deed still has months of upkeep that I come back to this crap.  Get penalized for not logging in doing stuff that's not fun.  Only true storage option is an mule alt you've paid at least a month for already so doesn't get deleted.  Magic Chests only worth it for food items.

Edited by nicedreams
  • Like 4

As game records how long a deed fallen how about this proposal:

* Remove or lower considerably decay on deed

* When a deed disbands make decay much faster on the former tiles of the deed - but only for a period of time after the deed disbanded then return to normal.

This would also help decaying leftover fences at unique penning sites.

• Like 1

so a couple of weeks ago i took a supreme lump from 1 magic chest to place it in another chest and before i got from 1 building to the other it took almost 12 pts of damage.  I didnt even leave the deed, how is that fair? it seems as though the LMC are a waste because as soon as you take an item out its going to take damage in your inventory.

I guess now i know though so it wont surprise me later.  I love this game but that part seems broken

• Like 7
  • Cat 1

Do we know if there has been any chances to catchup decay at all?