Sign in to follow this  
Stanlee

Meadhalla!

Introducing Wurm's newest event:

e0qaLBz.png

Meadhalla is a social event taking place on the Last Saturday of February. It will take place at J10 on Release, Southern Freedom Isles. While we're not able to leave the house, we can still get together here! Come along, tell jokes and join in the events.

We have:

🍺 Mead 🍺

♟️ 4 checkers tables ♟️

Show-and-Tell 

🐦 Pin the pile of rocks on the pheasant 🐦

🍻 More mead 🍻

🧀 Cheesy Puns 🧀

☠️ Deadly obstacle course ☠️

🐟 Fish slapfights 🐟

📷 Photobooths 📷

🛢️ So much mead 🛢️

And more! 

"Well what do I need to bring?"

Yourself, but also a couple of items for the events, as outlined here:

🧀 Cheesy Puns 🧀: When renaming regular items, there is a limit of 20 characters. Your challenge is thusly: you must make the lowest QL cheese you can manage, and fit a pun into those 20 characters (it doesn't have to be about cheese) to truly have the "worst pun."

Show-and-Tell While watching Wurm streams, I've noticed sometimes people had unusual items, or items special to them. Bring them along, equip them in your hand (do not drop them) and tell us what makes it so special!

Here's your customary timer, it shows the start time but the event will run until the crowds thin out:

timer_E1614445167.svg

And some disclaimers:

No, this is not an elaborate unique announcement. There are no uniques here, and I have no intent to take one here. None of the events have prizes; this is by design, though there is a little something for completing the deadly obstacle course. Do not drop items you are not willing to lose, I cannot keep track of them. You're likely to get diseased coming here, but that's something the food and drink present should shake off no problem. You enter into the Deadly Obstacle Course of your own will, knowing the consequences can contain (but are not limited to) death. Drink responsibly.

• Like 23

12 minutes ago, Stanlee said:

🐟 Fish slapfights 🐟

As long as I don't have to fight Bob, i'm in! 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Stanlee said:

And more! 

Looks like fun - ill come!

I may swing by with some mead from April 2020! Brewwed with honey from the finest Whispering Bay bees!

Edited by Gawain
  • Like 1

On 2/11/2021 at 10:11 PM, brattygirl said:

As long as I don't have to fight Bob, i'm in! 

*flaps a fish at Bratty*

• Like 2

On 2/11/2021 at 6:24 PM, Goldfinch said:

@Siderealthe pun QUEEN!! LETS GO

gasps

MY ENTIRE LIFE HAS LED ME TO THIS MOMENT AND I WILL RIDE FOR MEADHALLA.   DROP YOUR LOCKS AND GRAB YOUR FROCKS, LADIES.

• Like 1

vH4UfaA.jpg

Not tried mead before, but doesn't seem like a bad time to start

• Like 7

Just over three days left, I'm so excited I could just fall off my horse.  I have just a few questions for our esteemed host:

1) How many entries are we allowed to the pun contest?  Seems like it might be pretty cheesy for someone to show up with twenty puns.
2) Will we need to label our cheese in any way?
3) Who does your hair?
4) What is your favorite real life cheese and why is it baby swiss?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sidereal said:

Just over three days left, I'm so excited I could just fall off my horse.  I have just a few questions for our esteemed host:

1) How many entries are we allowed to the pun contest?  Seems like it might be pretty cheesy for someone to show up with twenty puns.
2) Will we need to label our cheese in any way?
3) Who does your hair?
4) What is your favorite real life cheese and why is it baby swiss?

1) Since there are no prizes for this, I see no reason to put any sort of limit to how many cheeses people can bring. Changed my mind here; while there is indeed no prize, there are sanity limits. Secondary is how exhausting it would be to read so many. Primarily, how many cheeses can fit on a table or, worst comes to worst, in a barrel. As such, I will be asking that people only bring one cheese per cheese type. So one cow, one feta, etc. I will reiterate that this is a maximum, with the minimum being 0, so don't feel any pressure to bring more if you only have one.

2) Nope

3) I've seen the same barber since I was a wee lad. I won't reveal who, since that narrows where I live to a high degree, but I look forward to seeing him again when this Covid mess is over. Any times I've gone elsewhere I've found whole new ways to regret it; he's about the only one who seems to understand my curls.

4) You're a monster for making me choose. I recently had some Wensleydale that knocked my socks off combined with crackers. Good camembert too. But the one I cannot quit is some red leister with some caramelized onion chutney.

• Like 1

Will see you there crazy peeps :) Let me know if you need some good slapping fish donated Stan, still got plenty of them hanging around from the journal fishing goal!

I've been dying for more events on Wurm, but looks like I'm working that day. Hope it will still be going in the PM, Eastern time zone :,(

• Like 1

I will be there to imp weapons at the mega super sonic boom forge. I've been situated away from the drinking hall so you don't all catch and spread the clap from me, but feel free to come and give me something iron to imp. Still grinding WS in the run up, hoping to hit that 90 so I can take stuff up nice and high

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ayuna said:

I've been dying for more events on Wurm, but looks like I'm working that day. Hope it will still be going in the PM, Eastern time zone :,(

My hope is that it runs long enough that even Australians can join in!

@StanleeWhat is the best way to get to your deed if im sailing into the NW corner of release - can i get on the road from the deeds on the coastline or should I take the banana canal to your deed?

@Goldfinch, take the Banana canal and then turn south at the first opportunity (if you go by the Dragon HoTa, you went too far). That'll take you to Drowned Priest Lake, where Meadhalla is adjacent to!

• Like 1

On 2/11/2021 at 10:54 PM, Stanlee said:

Drink responsibly.

What's Responsibly? Is that like a brand of beer, Responsibly Pilsner, Responsibly Double-Bock 14.5% Vol. Alc.? 🙄

Edited by Ulviirala

2 minutes ago, Ulviirala said:

What's Responsibly? Is that like a brand of beer, Responsibly Pilsner, Responsibly Double-Bock 14.5% Vol. Alc.? 🙄

Secret adverts!

Phew! Meadhalla is over! My first regret - not taking more screenshots ready for this post. But alas!

2f59aab823c9dad05ac472073bffedec.jpg

No, it still wasn't an elaborate unique slaying, the dragon is not real, stop saying it was real!

It went well, capping at around 24 characters in local! I truly hope everyone who came enjoyed themselves as much as I did, or more!

0d4d155ebe762ba6ce25379e16ebf8fb.jpg

Only about 2 barrels of mead were drunk! For shame! Guess it'll just taste all the better next year

My biggest criticism was that the more Theme-parky "everything is here, do what you want" didn't seem to work so well. People seemed to more enjoy seeing what was going on, which suggests more structure is needed at future events, such as Fabricant's gameshow (which went great!). And, as was inspired by one image, maybe more team games too.

14a188fb9c88aeffb0f2ee55c742e9ff.jpg

"Competitive catapulting" sounds like the worst best thing I could come up with. I love it, and the people who imp my carpentry will hate it.

A massive thank you to those who helped me put this together, and those who attended for making it so memorable!

a572de7763cdc120ff87d95c166bfe67.jpg

Five people survived the gauntlet and claimed a shirt. Two deaths. Not so bad, eh?

If anyone else got good screenshots, please post them!

cc2b96920f009d9d86a1d535c47a49a3.jpg

Simply punderful

Spoiler

03780d79c6a05b24239fb8715933a3c7.png

Also I recommend mead, was a good drink.

Edited by Stanlee
added gauntlet
  • Like 5

Even though the gameshow had the completely wrong setting, I'm glad we still tried it. Many thanks to Shydow, Ulviirala, Gaffer, Bakhita and Stanlee for participating at such short notice. It will return again in the correct format at some point in the future. Maybe.

Also +1 to event structure. We need to be told what to do because we don't know how to have fun by ourselves.

• Like 1