Sign in to follow this  
SilverMoogle

new Governance type?

notice there are only two deed government types when placing down a deed for villages, dictatorship or democracy, if there are anymore that are PvP exclusive I wouldn't know, I only play on PvE. my suggestion is a Republic style deed governance where instead of 1 person being leader, the duty is split among the group. All deed decisions would be held to vote by the massed of the deeds, meaning also the switching of the deed government type would also need a vote, preventing any 1 person from stealing a deed by simply coming into power. deed expansion would also need to come to a vote as well, with the person wanting to expand (or persons) posting the request at the deed token with the money on hand to expand it, and the rest of the members of the deed placing vote if they want it expanded, all these would be majority vote rules. though there would not be taxes to keep the deed running upkeep, instead it would be left to the people of the deed to decide that. so the only drawback would be that some people might not want to expand or pay into the upkeep, and again, that would be for the people of the deed to handle. if anyone is interested in enhancing this further I would love to brainstorm and refine it more thoroughly.

What are some examples of what the citizens of a deed might vote on?

I gave two of them, but examples would be~
deed expansion.
disbanding or changing of rules
kicking of toxic or unfriendly players
to become part of the highway system
to put certain people as KoS (negating the need to vote for being on highway since you can't have a KoS person on highway towns)

everything other then that would have to be set up by the officials of the deed for things that people would want. if you are thinking taxation that would have to be left up to the individuals of the deed it's self to decide and uphold. in a game no one should be forced to do something they don't want to, but people shouldn't be forced to put up with someone who doesn't want to contribute either.

I have never been part of a deed that wasn't dictatorship so I dont see why anything other than democracy is needed. That has voting doesn't it?

• Like 1

I like the idea, though, it may be more useful an alliance situation. I don't think deeds usually have enough people for a republic government. But adding some of these voting rules to current settings could be very useful. 

Could be useful to vote on:

land usage situations

join an alliance or not

voting on a rotating council (more republic thinking here) to govern

deed project priorities

I do like the idea of more than a single person in complete control of everything especially if you have 20+ players. Things can get a bit difficult to manage if you ever have to be offline. I think the whole deed permissions could use a rework honestly. I don't have the solution but I'm sure players could give some good ideas. 

well deed project priorities is something that can't really be enforced, but everything else you suggested would be good additions. and yes, Democracy in the game is just Feudalism without nobility.