Sign in to follow this  
Marcuso

Ability to Buyback Items Sold on Deed

As a very new player I lost my slightly less than 20 QL shovel by selling it.  To me it was very valuable.  I had started from nothing, and had built up mining and blacksmithing to be able to make it, and put a lot of time into improving it.  Was it subjectively valuable?  To most players, no, but to me it was.  I didn't know what sell does - didn't know what it would do - but once that timer started I knew I didn't want whatever it was doing to happen, and I also couldn't figure out how to stop it.

I feel like the timer is there to give you a chance to say "I didn't mean to do that" ... but despite having been burned by this before, I did it again with another item later.  And again, couldn't figure out how to stop the timer.

All I would have needed were:
1) a persistent message which says which item I was selling (because it's easy to have a random item highlighted, especially for new players)

2) a clear cancel button so you could stop it if you started selling the wrong thing.

I still don't know how to cancel a "sell" transaction if I start one.  Do I click on the dirt and say "stop"?  I thought I tried to hit the ESC button - but I don't think it worked.  But in the midst of panic, I don't know what exactly I tried.

Pressing the Escape key stops many actions if you do it quickly enough.   I just tried it with a sprout:

Clicked Sell at the merchant

Quickly Pressed ESC

[01:12:21] You stop selling.

Clicked Sell at the Token

Quickly Pressed ESC

[01:13:09] You stop selling.

• Like 1

@DremeMyndTo stop most (perhaps all?) actions that trigger a timer, ESC is your friend.  

@MarcusoI don't think anyone was arguing that 4i would be terrible but 8i or 9i would be okay.  For me, at least, the issue was that what you described didn't match the mechanic.  It is hard to discuss the merits or problems of a mechanic if the description of what happened does not seem to fit the mechanic under discussion.  That then sounds more like an error or misunderstanding than the mechanic causing issues when it works as documented.