Sign in to follow this  
Craft

Desert Biome hunting server

I've asked for this before, but I figure I may as well try again. It's been over 10 years after all.:P

Would love a "mostly" desert biome "hunting server". All protected tiles, no building, only tents allowed.

Super dangerous would be great! ^_^

Perhaps even increase the difficulty of mobs? And/or include Valrei mobs with no loot...

• Like 4

I support the idea. Wandering around Deliverance sometimes wastes half of my SB in search on decently sized areas to hunt. 

I'd like a no-build  , hunting only server where one can grind fighting skills and collect butchering products. Can bring over carts/ wagons/ horses but you cannot build any houses or fences. 

Pure 100% wild server but not just desert biome.

Have equal biomes = steppe, desert, forest, tundra, mountains for eco diversity. 

2 hours ago, elentari said:

Pure 100% wild server but not just desert biome.

Have equal biomes = steppe, desert, forest, tundra, mountains for eco diversity. 

Agreed.  I love the idea of a wild server, but all desert is a bit much.

And because resources couldn't be taken from the land since all tiles would be protected, found resources could definitely be a thing.  Meteors spring to mind as an example.  Make it a hunting AND exploration server, not just hunting.

-1 (sorry). If we want wild servers, there is the Epic cluster. And there was Jackal, which still has potential.

The main abhorrent to Epic and main disappointment on Jackal was the missing in the one and ridiculous skill transfer in the other case. Otherwise both would be ideal and diverse hunting servers, be it pure PvE ore PvE with some PvP here and then.

I would like to roam wild realms, and Epic would be great. Other than Jackal, it would not even need much effort to revive.

16 hours ago, Ekcin said:

-1 (sorry). If we want wild servers, there is the Epic cluster. And there was Jackal, which still has potential.

No one hunts on Epic due to the absurd fact that skillgain from Epic doesn't transfer to freedom, yet skillgain from freedom transfers from Epic.

I really don't get it WHY a mechanic to transfer skillgain both ways isn't added. Implement some skill transfer formulas and be done with it for Christ's sake.

A lot of people predicted that due to the skill transfer being one way no one will play on Epic. And it came true.

It's such a direct fix it's still mind numbing why it hasn't been implemented.

As for having a pure hunting/exploration server, that's also pretty easy to implement.  Spawn a medium sized server and you're done.

Maybe add 4-5 safe zones (starter towns?) so people can log off and you're all set.

• Like 2

Elentari, I am in full agreement about that. Skill retransfer must be possible from Epic. And that the promise of skill retransfer from Jackal was practically broken, was the core reason for most who abandoned Jackal.

Skill gain is a core element of Wurm gameplay and fun in Wurm. Denying it spells blocking players off.

Call it whatever, as long as it's a "hunting server" with all protected tiles, no building, only tents allowed and skills transfer. I'm all in. :)

EPIC, Valrei, Jackal, Hiena, puss in boots, whatever.

• Like 1

A server with some beefed up mobs could be a ton of fun

+1

make it open up with teh fighting update. would be fun. i'm thinking they could be a 'spawn' (new players cant go there from tutorial) for revives, and some docks to park boats/load/unload carts, with a small inn and a few beds. so its minimalist.

imagine that wild dangerous lands where all attemps at civilisation resulted in a shabby dock with a house in poor state, and maybe some ruins scattered around. would make for fun explorations.

could add new mobs from the bandit idea in those ruins?

i like the idea of making the hunts really risky alone. but could bring back the fun of events like rifts and unique hunts without needing to wait for the set time the game gives. this way you can go with friends no matter the timezone or day of the week. would give some chooice back to the players as to when they want those fight events to take place

• Like 1

Thanks Ekib i agree with your post completely:) and Craft i like the idea too :)

Edited by Smwoodburn