Sign in to follow this  
byxoft

overgrown area, animal not born

hi,

does anyone know how to slow down the growth of trees? .... my server is completely overgrown ... and it seems that the animals are not born on an overgrown area and the open areas are crowded with animals .... any idea what to do with it?

thx

gives info on how to change the server settings for tree growth, and what numbers to avoid

Under "gameplay tweaks",  the default value of 20 means a 5% chance of tree spread

jGqVvAy.png

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

thx 👍

and...is it possible that no animals are born/appear/move in the overgrown area?

only the free areas are full of animals on my server

Well, animals are only "born" if you breed them, otherwise they "spawn" and they might not spawn on a tree tile, I am not sure.    

I know some like spiders wolves and trolls will spawn in wooded areas  but may require a free tile without a tree to spawn, not really sure.

If your "hostile" spawns are set to a low number/percent (same "gameplay tweaks" section), and you are getting mostly horses cows sheep dogs etc, those I believe are set to spawn mostly in open meadows. 

They cannot "graze" on tree tiles (even though they look like they have grass)  so they might be heading for open areas for the grass to eat.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors