Sign in to follow this  
CistaCista

Archaeology reports and skill level

Hey, I am trying to create maps of old deeds by using archaeology. I am new to it, but my skill is now over 50.

I mistakenly thought that the creation of the small tokens would reveal the dates of habitation for the old deeds (those deeds that are not in Niarja). But it seems that your skill level determines if that information can be revealed.

Are there any champs out there that can tell me at which skill level you can get the "Abandoned for" and "Inhabited for" information entered into your deed reports?

The wiki does not mention it.

I might also ask, is it even possible to get those dates entered into the reports for the deeds that were there before 2014?

Thanks!

Edited by CistaCista

Hiya! 

You did not mention upon which server you are investigating.  Different servers have different ages, and some just don't go back in time that far! :) 

Independence is arguably the best server for archaeology - being a very old server.

On Deliverance, we have some pretty old deeds too:

[01:35:51] Rising Moon was founded by Gunnar and was inhabited for about 1 month. It has been abandoned for roughly 76 years, 8 months and was last mayored by Gunnar.

I make that just over nine and a half years old - correct me if wrong, so maybe late 2011?

I don't know at which skill level these times/dates get added, but I do know that if you leave the reports in the journal, they will eventually get filled in with further investigating.  It is of course possible to get them out and find the caches earlier - as you have discovered - but as you have also found, not all of the data will be present on the mini token, unless it was also previously present on the report.  Always check the reports first if you want to have a complete description on the resulting mini token. :) 

Hope this helps,

Happy fragging!

• Like 2

On 2/25/2021 at 2:48 AM, Muse said:

[01:35:51] Rising Moon was founded by Gunnar and was inhabited for about 1 month. It has been abandoned for roughly 76 years, 8 months and was last mayored by Gunnar.

... if you leave the reports in the journal, they will eventually get filled in with further investigating. 

Great information!

If I understand you correctly, I can let the reports stay put in my journal until more information is added, EVEN IF it tells me that my report is now finished.