Sign in to follow this  
Dylaniam

The Great Reset......

So. 

This is a HUGE feeler post, but I've been part of the game since steam launch, racked up over 1k hours, currently part of a very small village who's numbers have dwindled massively, I've had a very brief idea of performing what I have dubbed "The Great Reset" 

Basically, my aim would be to gather as many of the current active player base, and move into a suitable area on one server, as many of us as possible. I believe (and many others) that the servers are too big for the population of active players.

Like I said this is a feeler post, and it would require people that want to "start fresh" and create a more vibrant community. 

There are many ways of going about it, whether it be one deed that everyone can chip in for, or a large area where people can place personal deeds, but I'm just thinking it would be cool to get everyone closer together

This could easily fall flat on its face and disappear into the shadows of the forums, but let me know what ya think! 

• Like 1

I like the thought behind this, but this has been a recurring issue with Wurm. 

First overcrowding (all the good coastal spots are taken up, and exploration is needed to find an easy deed location)

then expansion (new servers) 

New people stop going to the older servers and some of those server players leave for the new server in hopes of better locations or maybe chasing the population. 

I think this game is worlds better with an active server. I don’t know the answer to the problem though unfortunately. Xanadu definitely wasn’t it; but was a great effort on their part (they tried something new and went for it). 

This is really the only sandbox mmo I’ve played and gotten into. Almost LIF and threw money in their development but it didn’t keep my interest. So I don’t know what others are doing, but I’d love to see a way for them to have better player retention and more active server populations. 

• Like 2

I can definitely say that such a deportation and wanton destruction of all I created in over three years would spell the end of wurming for me. And I am quite certain that same would apply to most of my friends and allies.

I do not deny that many would enjoy more players close by. But many would detest it too. I made the experience of a toxic neighbour once, and am not eager for any repetition. I love the width and freedom of Xanadu, and even when the clusters will eventually be merged, cannot imagine to live on NFI, even with the already reduced population.

I would love more players, but not more congestion.

• Like 7

Can't say I'm down to start over, but if it's a big community you're looking for I'm trying to make a rather large one that's focused on social interaction and slight elements of an RPG.

• Like 1

i like zanadu the way it is ,not fussed about comings and goings il still be there

• Like 1

On 2/8/2021 at 4:46 AM, Ekcin said:

I can definitely say that such a deportation and wanton destruction of all I created in over three years would spell the end of wurming for me. And I am quite certain that same would apply to most of my friends and allies.

I do not deny that many would enjoy more players close by. But many would detest it too. I made the experience of a toxic neighbour once, and am not eager for any repetition. I love the width and freedom of Xanadu, and even when the clusters will eventually be merged, cannot imagine to live on NFI, even with the already reduced population.

I would love more players, but not more congestion.

I agree!

3 hours ago, christopher said:

i like zanadu the way it is ,not fussed about comings and goings il still be there

Same here.

The problem with Wurm players is, everybody wants own deeds and not too many people would want to become villagers ( unless brand new players maybe ).

Wurm would be more fun with ACTIVE villagers, when you log in and see other villagers doing their jobs in the village, helping each other build/lvl up/hunting etc, putting the politic system of wurms to use with elections/mayor etc.  (just my too cents ).

I remember back in the days, we used to have about 8 genuine players ( no alts ) online at a time, all working in the village with a busy local chat and the sound of people smithing, stone/woodcutting and other jobs would make the village look lively :)

What we have now is tons of people starting new deeds and abandoning it for various reasons (most new deeding players come from Steam and have no prior knowledge of wurm and all its possibilities), leaving cadence for example full of dead deeds.

I myself came from Xanadu to Cadence in hope of better player population but the NFI servers are already full with dead deeds and people leaving the game.

Now, players in SFI servers are left with a low population and players in NFI servers are left with tons of new unexperienced players deeding and leaving, making the server look like a flat sandbox at times.

To come back to your request, I do like your idea, but again, you need dedicated players who will follow suit/ keep playing but unfortunately, not many in Wurm are willing to take that chance 😕

Edited by Berms

this is why we should have robot alts we can set to do a few chores and make it look like theres people wandering around doing stuff

Alliances are dropping as players drop and it leaves lack of communication with others. I just don't see why there can't be 1 or 2 alliances for each server. North / South. We may not live right close, but you can always plan helping each other or events. IDK, trying to think of ways to come together, those that are left.