Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. Mapping it out

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Retrograde said:

All grazers are herbivores, but not all herbivores are grazers

 

Well ackchyually, some grazers are omnivores, not herbivores!

I'm looking at you, hellhorse.

Great to see the new map dumps though, and really looking forward to the combat update, thanks! Also not-so-secretly glad to see people can't feed chickens and pheasants grass anymore (and tortoises I guess...)

Edited by Arronicus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice update.

Edited by Taltos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really looking forward to this!

Can anyone update me on how to log in to test? Pretty please with sleep powder on top! 🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When can we expect map dumps of the new servers?  I've been very excited to see new detailed maps of my current homelands.  Now (as an avid explorer) I am very disappointed. :(

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry i got to say no map dumps for the new servers is flat out inexcusable.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the map dumps.  Nice to have up to date images of the all the PvP worlds in the Southern Freedom Isles.

 

Cheers, Hughmongus

Cartographer of Indy

Co-Administrator, The Albia Roads Map of Indy

Edited by HughMongus
grammer correction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2021 at 6:08 PM, Aurzeya said:

When can we expect map dumps of the new servers?  I've been very excited to see new detailed maps of my current homelands.  Now (as an avid explorer) I am very disappointed. :(

 

You can always do what Skyefox and I did for Indy in the pre-map dump days, go out there and start tile counting. 🤓

 

Making maps the hard way is lots of fun.  😜 Great for fulfilling your OCD. !!! 🤪

 

Only took us 3 years in our spare time from 2013 to 2015 to map Indy, so should keep you busy and entertained when deed building gets boring. 😇

 

Food for thought ( .. and YES.. I am just kidding)... 🤣

 

Cheers, Hughmongus

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2021 at 9:06 PM, Faerian said:

While you're at it, you would totally make my day if you added chickens to the grazer category. I mean, they don't "graze" per se, but they eat worms etc. from the ground.

 

Agreed! Chickens will happily eat everything on the food list including meat, and they actually do graze too but wouldn't do well on grass alone. It would be cool if chickens could survive by grazing, but lay few or no eggs and not get fat unless they get additional food.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dogs eat grass.

 

 

 

Why take that away from them ?

 

Teeebomb

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does garlic count as vegetable? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TeeeBOMB said:

Dogs eat grass.

Why take that away from them ?

 

Teeebomb

 

Aye.  We have two dogs, both enjoy grazing, with no ill effect.  They are omnivores, "omni" meaning "alll; the eat all sorts of food, including fruit, veges, grains and grasses.  Chickens are also omnivores.  They will kill and eat small mammals and other birds.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

 

Aye.  We have two dogs, both enjoy grazing, with no ill effect.  They are omnivores, "omni" meaning "alll; the eat all sorts of food, including fruit, veges, grains and grasses.  Chickens are also omnivores.  They will kill and eat small mammals and other birds.

Eating a food doesn't necessarily mean that you're able to extract nutrients from it. Chickens, just like dogs and humans don't have a sufficient digestive tract to obtain meaningful quantities of nutrients from grasses the way that creatures like cows, sheep, and horses can. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having owed chickens, they do graze as fresh grass and greens is a very important part of the diet, of course we have the bugs, worms and extras hiding in the grass as tasty treats. They also eat small stone to help with digestion.  My chickens have attacke and killed and eat down to the bone a rat before also, insane!

 

Dogs eat grass not for food, its to relieve upset tummies and help with passing matter.

 

I second the thoughts above about chickens on grass tiles, will stay fed but not lay eggs or lay eggs not very often, rest of the changes seem spot on.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2021 at 8:23 AM, Arronicus said:

Eating a food doesn't necessarily mean that you're able to extract nutrients from it. Chickens, just like dogs and humans don't have a sufficient digestive tract to obtain meaningful quantities of nutrients from grasses the way that creatures like cows, sheep, and horses can. 

 

Aye wrong topic, the complaint has nothing to do with nutrition. I can fill my toon's food bar with raw meat, so should her pet with grass.

 

We demand street salads back in the menu for our beloved pets 😆

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Badvoc said:

Having owed chickens, they do graze as fresh grass

 

Just noticed you are also taking grass away from chickens... why? Grass is best food for hens if u want as many eggs per possible.

 

Please let chickens continue to eat grass (and please do not change grass weight or characteristics).

 

Thanks.

 

Ok, can feed seeds or herbs for same effect. But still.

Edited by TeeeBOMB
more words

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just as a curiosity, why are "rabid hyenas" a passive mob? Perhaps this update would be a good time to make them aggro.

On examine it says : Normally this doglike creature would act very cowardly, but some sickness seems to have driven it mad and overly aggressive.

Edited by Pingpong
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pingpong said:

Just as a curiosity, why are "rabid hyenas" a passive mob? Perhaps this update would be a good time to make them aggro.

On examine it says : Normally this doglike creature would act very cowardly, but some sickness seems to have driven it mad and overly aggressive.

newest additions to the spawn table just eat up spawn slots .. these could have been used for other creatures that give some useful resource.. more hides, animal bits for ns..

 

I can't see the use of having 2nd 'hellhound' with hyenas, only giving meat if you butcher it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's funny looking at the listing for herbivores, carnivores, and omnivores, seeing deer on the herbivore place, and thinking about the fact that deer tend to scavenge dead animals for meat.  Even horses are opportunistic carnivores, they won't actively seek to kill something for meat, but if they see something they can eat easily, they will eat it.  Like the YouTube video of a horse eating a chick.  Speaking of chickens, they're also another case of an opportunistic carnivore that doesn't mind eating other chickens if they want to eat some meat.  They can be pretty terrifying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2021 at 11:50 AM, Zahnweh said:

Speaking of chickens, they're also another case of an opportunistic carnivore that doesn't mind eating other chickens if they want to eat some meat.  They can be pretty terrifying. 

 

Chickens will actively seek out bugs and occasionally mice and other small rodents to eat. They're more of an omnivore than opportunistic carnivore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2021 at 1:15 PM, Retrograde said:

Combat! 

Work continues on the combat, it remains still in development stage as we work towards getting it on test for you all to beat each other silly. 

(I may auction off a 1v1 with me for more death tab pages) 

 

Is it my imagination, or have some of these changes been release in client 4.2.35?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13.2.2021 at 4:01 PM, Finnn said:

newest additions to the spawn table just eat up spawn slots .. these could have been used for other creatures that give some useful resource.. more hides, animal bits for ns..

 

I can't see the use of having 2nd 'hellhound' with hyenas, only giving meat if you butcher it.

Plus killing new players frequently because of their speed making the game harder

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2021 at 8:15 AM, Retrograde said:

 Apple a day
Ever want to feed an apple to a horse? Well, soon you can! 
We'll be tweaking and adjusting feeding for animals to provide some more alternative options.

 

 

Did I miss something?

 

According to the post, horses are grazers... the only change to grazers is to allow them to eat mixed grass.  Where does the apple come in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A horse is a grazer yes, but a horse is also a herbivore, and herbivores can soon eat fruits too 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this