Sign in to follow this  
Histaty

Your favorite weapon? And why?

What is your favorite weapon to skill up in and why? 

I use a sickle mainly because I always have it on me, it’s light, quick and damage is 6. Downside is the 2 penalties on CR. 

• Like 1

Shortsword + shield... OP defence (block and parry), lots of hits for quick skilling, quite accurate.

(Edit: aggressive stance ftw)

Edited by Mordraug
  • Like 1

I don't know about favourite, but my standard carry is a steel longsword and shield, both skinned.  Mostly because I like how they look.  I have a steel short-sword skinned to look like a kind of machete, which I would probably prefer if I can imp to a useful ql.

I like the zweihander skin, but like my shield too much to give it up.

• Like 1

My favoured one hand weapon is my rare silver sickle. Sickles are handy as one trains them through forestry etc. as well, good nimbleness enchant is a must due to the CR penalty. As a two handed weapon I just use a huge axe, though I am aware that there are better choices, but it works fine on uniques as well as on rift ogres etc., and I have two, an iron one with LT, and a silver one with BT. Maybe I shall change to staff one day, though. 

My favorite combo is a long sword + medium shield.

It's simple and direct with good odds to parry when hunting alone.

And it looks good.

• Like 2

I used to always use the huge axe for dps. I like the steel staff now.

Faster attack speed means multiple things. One, if I happen to see bad accuracy, its less punishing if I can swing again in 3 seconds with my staff. Maybe the enemy only has 10% hp remaining, while a huge axe does 40% of their hp in damage. 

If you disengage combat quickly, you can land hits without retaliation with attack speed.

Put LT on the staff and its attack speed is more reliable for healing.

It also does enough damage to penetrate unique's armor. I just don't see damage per hit being quite so important, id rather have more reliability. 

EDIT: Oh yeah and it doesn't have a -80% parry modifier like huge axe and sickle. 

Edited by Toby
  • Like 1

I currently use a rare staff on both my toons. Started off with huge axe on one and sword + shield on the other. Huge axe was too slow for my liking and sword + shield was waaaay OP. Staves seem an efficient middle point that looks cool as well being effective. 

I prefer either a serryl Huge Axe with LT - Serryl gives weapons good bonuses and looks awesome

Silver longsword with all the fixings - probably my favorite 1h weapon simply for RP purposes. Silver gives nice bonuses against 'hunter' mobs (scared, starving, angry etc)

To arms brethren!!!

I normally fight with a rare steel staff, but I'm also working with sickle and shield. The sickle is wicked fast, but the staff hits like a ton of bricks, so it's my usual go to. 

Mauls all the way for the special moves in PvP as HoTS - I've skilled up medium and large maul to somewhere around 90. I believe the accuracy of the large maul more than makes up for its decreased damage compared to a huge axe. With insanely high skills you can parry most things anyway. Since the launch of Elevation 3 I've more often than not replaced my large maul with a metal spear (preferably glimmersteel, for the reduction in swing time), since it gives increased damage to horses. With high strength and such, you can kill an unarmoured horse in a single swing with the polearms bonus.

On Defiance now, I'm mostly using whatever everyone else is using since it is freely available as loot and I'm not a weaponsmith on NFI.

Huge axe because I can focus between 2 hits without losing swing time.

Like Nomadikhan and Tristanc I prefer a longsword and medium shield. The reason is that with the shield I will block a lot of damage and 100LT on the sword will heal me of the rest of damage, even most of the time fighting venerable trolls. This is on foot with about 80 QL cloth armor. If there are more than 1 at a time I would need to armor up and ride a horse though. Even though it takes longer to kill them than with a 2 hand LT sword it is a lot safer in the long run since I mainly wear cloth armor to work and run around quickly in the local area.

Silver weapons for the xtra dmg they do as 1h ill use a silver sickle with lms 

2h i got my buddy with me i had a long while now my  Adamantine rare staff.

on mag alt its silver staff and for defense same as i have.

but i can be tanking time to time on a rift then i prefer the med maul rare as i has and shield, its all up to u what u like.// Have a good weekend and stay safe.