Sign in to follow this  
Nordlys

Add info on hover over on skills

A small info box on what that skill does is enough. Maybe an example or short line of what to expect.

+1 If not just for the lore factor, I think it's a worthwhile idea that'll help newer players.

+1 For example, meditating isn't the most self explanatory skill. You know it probably involves meditation, but not that it's essentially a skill tree that comes with important abilities like faith. 

• Like 1

skills used to have the mini wiki taking care of this... and that had more than 1 line of text... it was very useful.. and didn't require constant opening of browsers.. to read a wiki.. you could learn the basics from a small dialog with summed up text, for the full version.. there's the wiki

rip that useful feature

this is only going to give another cryptic sentence.. making new players ask more questions in ca-help or google details about what they have just read

-1 There is already way too much unnecessary hover text mucking up the view and creating irritating visual noise.  Those who want info on skills can and should go to the wiki.

Edited by Minnie

Many games have optional newbie tutorials and explanatory text that can be turned off when the player advances far enough to not want it any more. 

The wiki is great - I'm constantly looking things up there - but I've often wished there was some kind of minimal in-game information about things.

This seems like a good idea to me.  But I do think Minnie has a point - it would have to be done in a way so that people who don't want or need it anymore aren't bothered by it.

how about reviving the old mini wiki ingame.. and have a thread to report dated info from it?

• Like 1