Sign in to follow this  
Kitsu

No Fight Mode

Basically what the title says. I want to have to ability to not fight. If I get attacked by something I don't want to kill, I want the ability to not kill it. Simple as that. I don't want to nullify the damage I take or anything like that. I just want to be able to lead a hell horse without worry of killing it on the way home. I want to be able to afk for a sec and not come back to find dead wolves or mountain lions. I want to be able to kite a hostile mob into a pen without punching it in the face. Of course, this mode should be optional and not on by default. But at higher fighting levels, it gets kind of ridiculous. Even unarmed and in defensive mode, I still hurt wolves pretty bad. Which sucks when I want to tame them. (Because I love wolves. It breaks my heart when I kill one on accident.) It would honestly make sense from a real world perspective too. I mean, you don't usually kick your dog's teeth in if it bites you. Unless you're a bad person or something...

become a priest, was it fo that was carebear at 60/+ or w/e favor.. most aggressive creatures wont attack you, if you lead untamed hellhorse - you'll get messed up, it's because you suck at taming, you're lazy to tame or lack the ability to charm/dominate depending on what you deal with and why...

--edit

ps. it makes sense as you gain more fighting skill.. say.. 99.. to gain a passive where 'flies' wont suicide into you.. but than.. it will be annoying for most players to do the extra walking from 1 to another STATIC creature, it will we weird to move into every mob.. rather than let it come to you.. the idea brings more annoyance than it solves; even if it's f2p noob haven

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 1

I think it makes sense to have the option to turn off the auto attack. It could even be presented as an option to turn off auto targeting. Sometimes you just don't want to fight back. 

I nearly killed my horse one time because I failed at taming and took a swing before I could get away. 

Edited by bigtree
  • Like 1

+1 to additional combat stance: aggressive, normal, defensive and pacifist, where you only attempt to block and parry, not attack.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Kitsu said:

I want to be able to kite a hostile mob into a pen without punching it in the face.

I know this has real words, but I just can't make any sense of it.  🤣

I think a passive stance would be useful.  It won't change mob behaviour.   Maybe it should pop up an alert, though, when you are attacked so that you can one-click deactivate it.

On 2/3/2021 at 2:42 AM, Finnn said:

it makes sense as you gain more fighting skill.. say.. 99.. to gain a passive where 'flies' wont suicide into you.. but than.. it will be annoying for most players to do the extra walking from 1 to another STATIC creature

Yeah def don't think I like this, but the idea of not attacking back would be nice for something like taming. 

I had an idea of myself that I think fits here, but it'd be nice to at least have the ability to stop targeting something whilst I'm in its combat range. During rifts I might want to back out to get stamina, and even though the thing I'm attacking isn't attacking me I have to walk like 3 tiles away before I can stop targeting and regen stamina. If it IS attacking me then when I stop targeting the game will just make me target it again. This could also be useful for tanks and other players to see if they have aggro on a mob without walking away and causing it to attack someone else.

• Like 1