Sign in to follow this  
Shamgar

Lighting Flicker and Fade Issues

Hi I been having this problem with Wurm for the longest time. I don't see the colors of lights up close. I have to be really close to see them. As I step away they switch off. I'm not sure why it does this. I have a  i7-7700k with a 1080ti. When I jump on a laptop with lesser specs I see the full blown color spectrum the game gives off. I really miss that and haven't seen the full beauty in this game in a while. Anyone know why? I left a video below to show a example.

Also my Max Dynamic Light is enabled and set to 7. For some reason I can't set it to zero. My only options are 1 through 16.

Edited by Shamgar

Found this thread on a similar issue but I can't figure out how to set my max dynamic light to zero. stuck between 1-16

bandicam-2021-02-01-22-10-17-214.jpg

Here is a lighting comparison of what my friend sees (bottom) to what I see (top)

lighting-comparison.jpg

That kind of difference is showing me depending if I use the "modern" or "legacy" renderer (in Settings/Graphics). The lighting is much simpler with the legacy setting.

Also simply unclick "Limit max dynamic lights". that removes the limit.

Edited by Jaz

6 hours ago, Jaz said:

That kind of difference is showing me depending if I use the "modern" or "legacy" renderer (in Settings/Graphics). The lighting is much simpler with the legacy setting.

Also simply unclick "Limit max dynamic lights". that removes the limit.

I'm unchecked the Limit Max dynamic lights. and changed the setting back to modern with no luck. Even with Modern setting and Max dynamic light to 8 and still nothing. I'm thinking about reinstalling the game.

Great news!!! I completely uninstalled Wurm and reinstalled this time on my C drive which is a M.2. My lights finally work!!!! This is wonderful. It's been years since I seen the lights in game!!! I'm so happy and not so sad anymore. :) :) 

Wurm-Launcher64-2021-02-02-12-07-57-578.

• Like 2