Sign in to follow this  
goemo

When is the GPU fix coming?

I took a week break from this game.. and coming back i notice it immediatly. My GPU goes NUTS with this game. 1060 gtx gets very loud. I got a keybind to make the screen black besides menues to fix that a bit. But thats not a solution for a long time.

I also cant make out which exact option it is that makes it go crazy either.

I can play many other games with much better graphics and its a none issue. ( just wanted to mention that if someone doesnt read the part that dev´s wanted to fix this )

So any idea when ? This sucks all the fun out of the game. I dont want to stare at a black screen all the time.

Also last time i asked here what option that is and a mod here moved the thread to "somewhere" i cant find it anymore otherwise i would check there. Sorry for posting here again but i checked all bug report forums and everywhere i cant find it.

I checked Client bug/Technical issues/server bug/other bugs its not there

Edited by goemo

4 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

What FPS is your game running at when this happens?

Well all over the place its everyhwere on my deed. Somtimes i sit at 15 fps sometimes 30 sometimes 60. It only happens with thick woods. But changing the tree draw distance or make them look not pretty doesnt help it.

Iam sitting at my usual fragment cleaning spot and its exactly 61 fps

Edited by goemo

Resolution Scale set over 100% can be quite slow, as can Ambient Occlusion set to High. Resolution might also be a factor there, especially if it's 4K or close to it. Aside from that, I'm not sure, but if I find anything in particular I'll let you know.

5 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

Resolution Scale set over 100% can be quite slow, as can Ambient Occlusion set to High. Aside from that, I'm not sure, but if I find anything in particular I'll let you know.

The first one was already on 100 % and the second one it set from medium to off seemed to actually fixed to issue. Like its still under unsualy high load ( is to be expected with java imho ) but it doesnt go nuts anymore. I went from 60 % gpu load down to 30 %.

Thank you a lot o/

59 minutes ago, goemo said:

Also last time i asked here what option that is and a mod here moved the thread to "somewhere" i cant find it anymore otherwise i would check there. Sorry for posting here again but i checked all bug report forums and everywhere i cant find it.  I checked Client bug/Technical issues/server bug/other bugs its not there

Easiest way to quickly find your past threads is to check your profile page, by clicking your name in the upper right hand corner of the page:  https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/profile/81386-goemo/

I assume this is the post you could not find:

Looks like you posted to Community Assistance (though your later inclination was correct; it probably was better if it has been in technical issues.)

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

1 hour ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

Easiest way to quickly find your past threads is to check your profile page, by clicking your name in the upper right hand corner of the page:  https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/profile/81386-goemo/

I assume this is the post you could not find:

Looks like you posted to Community Assistance (though your later inclination was correct; it probably was better if it has been in technical issues.)

Nope a mod moved it there 😃 but thanks for the explanation i was looking in followed content which was empty

shadows in wurm are trash, it just chews up your gpu for tiny big of graphic improvement.. sure it looks better .. but you do not need a heater for the winter if you plan to play wurm for few hours a day, your gpu can take care of the heating bill and room temperature + some tornado acoustics

turn off all shadow eyecandy settings, check what happens next, it's alright now 🤔 

Sadly wurm can be beautiful with shadows on... too bad dual RX580's still can't get over 40 fps with shadows on.  Wurm is really bad with graphics :(

I have everything maxed out on my 1080TI, runs smooth locked at 60 at all times. What CPU's are you guys using?

On 1/30/2021 at 7:38 PM, Ronbalder said:

I have everything maxed out on my 1080TI, runs smooth locked at 60 at all times. What CPU's are you guys using?

FX-8350 8-core overclocked to 4.2ghz,  I can run just about every other game on near max settings.  Fallout 4, 7 days to die run just fine on max settings for, those are the only other games I play on PC.  Wurm has always had FPS issues for me no matter the PC or specs, since 2010~ when I started.  It just seems badly optimized or maybe it's java Idk.

Wurm has never run nicely on ATI/AMD cards. I used to play using an old ATI card a long long time ago. Basically unplayable.

On 1/29/2021 at 4:56 PM, Nomadikhan said:

Sadly wurm can be beautiful with shadows on... too bad dual RX580's still can't get over 40 fps with shadows on.  Wurm is really bad with graphics :(