Sign in to follow this  
Batta

Lyra 4096 with "mountain kelp"

4fl8pJJ.jpg

Lyra is best known for it's "mountain kelp" -- due to an error in my mapmaking, I accidentally set kelp to generate way up in the mountains, most commonly where it turns to bare rock.  While Lyra server was up, we all had a good laugh about our mountain kelp, and I decided to just leave it there for the fun factor.

This 4K map, like all my maps, has little patches of clay, peat, and tar pretty much everywhere.  It is rich in ores, but doesn't contain moonmetals. For those who have been playing with me for awhile, you might notice that this map is very closely based on my old 2K Green Dragon map from many years ago.

I'm new to sharing maps, so please let me know if there are any issues with the download.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2hnn2axl92z81mq/Lyra 4096 w.mountain kelp.zip?dl=0

Edited by Batta
  • Like 1

Looks decent. Much better than when I was attempting a map back in my WU days. Elevations were particularly challenging to make look right and so my maps ended up being pretty flat... too flat. Images will appear in the post when inserting a URL to the raw image. I.E. with a URL that ends with something like .jpg or .png. Most people use imgur or something similar since they don't ruin the image with a watermark. Your map for example:

M2wIheF.png

• Like 2

Looks very nice! I downloaded so I can try it out later, right now juggling too many unfinished tasks but will try to give this a look sometime in the upcoming week!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Whane said:

Images will appear in the post when inserting a URL to the raw image. I.E. with a URL that ends with something like .jpg or .png. Most people use imgur or something similar since they don't ruin the image with a watermark. 

Does this mean you're unable to see the image in my first post?  I've had a couple of other people say they can see it, so I'm not sure what might be wrong.

1 hour ago, Batta said:

Does this mean you're unable to see the image in my first post?  I've had a couple of other people say they can see it, so I'm not sure what might be wrong.

Yep, I could not (still can't) see it.  What I see is this:

01zCdAx.png

Maybe if you stripped everything after and including the ? then it would embed. 

Edited by Whane

1 hour ago, Whane said:

Yep, I could not (still can't) see it. 

Better now?