Sign in to follow this  
Ehizellbob

Gaining affinities after 100

It is currently possible to gain a new affinity in a skill either through the marks store random affinity or through doing an action that would give the skill even after the player has achieved 100 in that skill.

Todays patch on unintended 6th affinities made me realise this should probably be brought to attention too.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Zuelatak said:

AFAIK affinities are decided upon skill checks, so at 100 mining skill you shouldn't be getting any mining skill checks therefore not being able to get more affinities in mining.

the fun thing is its only 100 because its rounded up and the maximum the client can show you but you still gain skill invisibly because its not exactly 100 yet and probably not really possible to get in most skills.  you even get the title for 100 skill before you get 100 thats how polished it is

Can confirm that you do get affinities on skills @ 100 via both performing actions as well as from the marks store.

On 1/28/2021 at 6:23 PM, MrGARY said:

its only 100 because its rounded up and the maximum the client can show you but you still gain skill invisibly because its not exactly 100 yet

I knew this but assumed the check for if gaining skill kept this in mind. If it's giving you "invisible" skill that isn't actually contributing then that needs to be fixed. 

On 1/29/2021 at 4:14 AM, nineol said:

Can confirm that you do get affinities on skills @ 100 via both performing actions as well as from the marks store.

The marks store should def also keep this in mind. If it's happening via actions then that would mean a lot of things work differently then people thought, so I think it's more likely the invisible skill MrGARY mentioned.

5 minutes ago, Zuelatak said:

I knew this but assumed the check for if gaining skill kept this in mind. If it's giving you "invisible" skill that isn't actually contributing then that needs to be fixed. 

affinity checks and skill checks are separate rolls, you can get an affinity on an action that you didn't get skill on.

Skill checks and skill ticks are two very different things. A skill check is to see if you succeed (or to what degree you succeed). A skill tick is typically any skill check that falls between 1 and 40 (not inclusive). The affinity roll happens on any passed skill check.

[01:43:50] You realize that you have developed an affinity for blacksmithing.

Received this new Affinity today. I have had 100 Blacksmithing for quite sometime already. Unsure if this is a feature or a bug. Let me know, thx.

Edit: seems I should add that I got this new affinity while imping a blacksmith item

Edited by Gumbo

Bump for this 3 month old unresolved thread

• Like 2

Time to bump this again

[2021-05-07] [14:46:16] Digging increased by 0.000008 to 100.000000

[2021-05-31] [12:35:20] You receive an affinity in Digging and it now has 1 for your 10000 Marks.

🙃

Beuller ?  ..... Beuller ?   .... Bumper  ?

:(

Platesmithing 100, still got an affinity in it after hitting the listed number (I say listed since I imagine it's 99.9999999999... somewhere in the database). 

How about giving us affinity tokens instead of giving us affinities in skills when they reach 100? 

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

On 2/4/2021 at 9:00 AM, Oblivionnreaver said:

affinity checks and skill checks are separate rolls, you can get an affinity on an action that you didn't get skill on.

Speaking of affinity checks, how often do they happen? It seems ever since I managed to do all the journal goals a year ago I haven't gotten 1 new affinity on freedom in anything. Is the +10% affinity windows actually breaking the code to get new affinities?

On 2/20/2023 at 2:40 AM, elentari said:

Speaking of affinity checks, how often do they happen? It seems ever since I managed to do all the journal goals a year ago I haven't gotten 1 new affinity on freedom in anything. Is the +10% affinity windows actually breaking the code to get new affinities?

Pretty rare. whenever that feature came i have gained 3 affinities in total with it. 2 of them were in 2 days of each other if i remember that far back right.