Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 28/JAN/21

-

Edited by Yserin
no longer playing, Per the mismanagment of AH update
  • Like 1

very good updae :)
only one thing not works :(  after cast Bloodthrist it still not updates in pop-up window :(

As a gamer I have had my fair share of angry post to game developers over the years but this is not one of them.

I just want to say after playing Wurm on and off for many years and seeing a few Admins, Developers and Mods come and go that this team right here right now is doing an awesome job!

Thank you for not giving up on us and this wonderful game.

Thank you!!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Samool said:

We've actually made this "glowing" change after a significant amount of complaints that the tabs on the new UI that have new messages are not visible enough.

I'd say it worked so far since we haven't had those complaints reappear, but what do you suggest as an alternative?

My suggestion: tabs could either only glow for a given time after they're updated with new content, or we could add an option to disable the blinking entirely.

I would so appreciate an option to disable the glow/blinking. I compulsively tab through and clear the highlights away all the time even though I'm not actually following the chats. I'd really love a right click option to selectively toggle notifications per tab, so the tab can stay open but not demand attention when there is new content.

20 hours ago, Samool said:

My suggestion: tabs could either only glow for a given time after they're updated with new content,

this I would prefer 

Only thing that makes me sad about this patch notse is that ther is no singe of a fix for the Defiance seacreature spawn. Great patch.

On 1/29/2021 at 3:12 PM, Samool said:

We've actually made this "glowing" change after a significant amount of complaints that the tabs on the new UI that have new messages are not visible enough.

I'd say it worked so far since we haven't had those complaints reappear, but what do you suggest as an alternative?

My suggestion: tabs could either only glow for a given time after they're updated with new content, or we could add an option to disable the blinking entirely.

I am ENTIRELY for the no blinking and whatever 2 color separation between unchecked and checked tabs(like the way it was in the old UI); initially with the new ui it didn't work well with the color theme, maybe that triggered the new player(s).

As somebody working on a pc.. having something blinking constantly is distracting, and no control over it is .. another issue

• Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 8:12 AM, Samool said:

I'd agree for the second option, there are a lot of people that can't stand the blinking. Since Myspace, blinking text should be avoided.  I realize it may be a hassle but this should be an option for people to disable the blinking if they need to.

20 hours ago, Tampa said:

I'd agree for the second option, there are a lot of people that can't stand the blinking. Since Myspace, blinking text should be avoided.  I realize it may be a hassle but this should be an option for people to disable the blinking if they need to.

I agree. From the choice of two options, I'd rather have the ability to toggle off as a setting.  I'd rather not have notifications of any kind dependant on being there in front of the monitor within a given time and instead believe in empowering players to be able to customize their experience and toggle on or off as best fits what they need at the time.

Sign in to follow this