Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 28/JAN/21

PatchNotes-1.jpg

• Change: Altered Prayer skill gain to be significantly faster and more reliable.
    • Note that this change only affects skill gain. 
    • The likelihood or quality of other events from prayer, such as receiving gems and gaining Faith, have not been altered.
    • Altar quality is no longer a factor in skill gain.
    • Higher Faith increases the chance of gaining Prayer skill.
    • Prayer actions resulting in skill will give more skill than before.
  • A higher percentage of prayer actions will result in Prayer skill gain, especially at higher skill levels
  • Change: More items are now protected from accidentally being used to fuel a fire, including the following:
    • Rare, supreme, and fantastic items
    • Enchanted or runed items
    • Items of very high base price
    • Newbie items
    • Runes Rift gear
    • Magical chests
    • Magical staves
    • Indestructible items
    • No-drop items
    • Improvable, non-bulk items of 90 QL or higher
    • Items that are seasonable drops, have been given as Christmas gifts or special rewards, or are similarly limited.
    • Please note that this protection is only against using the “Burn” command to fuel a fire. Flammable items fitting these criteria will still burn if placed on or inside a hot forge, oven, or other heat sources.
    • In addition, selling these items to a settlement token is no longer possible in cases when it was possible before. The following also can no longer be sold in this manner:
      • Drake hide armor
      • Dragon scale armor
      • Items made of moon metals (adamantine, seryll, and glimmersteel)
  • Change: The penalty to quality level when mixing different qualities of the same item in bulk storage has been removed. Now, adding multiple items of the same type to a bulk storage bin, food storage bin, bulk container unit, or crate will always result in a quality level that is an exact average of the items themselves.
  • Bugfix: You are no longer able to use a Charm Rune, Rebirth, Summon Skeleton, Summon Worg, Summon Wraith, or use the Charm of Fo when you have a caged pet.
  • Bugfix: Can only seal/unseal liquid containers if you can currently pick up the item on a settlement or it is already in a players inventory
  • Bugfix: Fixed the issue preventing embarking vehicles when they are on a bridge
  • Bugfix: Fixed Traitor missions being removed before properly finishing the mission
  • Bugfix: Horses should now retain their position when hitched on vehicles
  • Bugfix: It is no longer possible to play checkers while being away from the board
  • Bugfix: Mixing liquid foods or beverages will now appropriately average the CCFP and complexity values of the liquids being mixed.
  • Bugfix: Non-English CA Help channel should no longer appear again after disabling on server restarts.
  • Bugfix: Wagoner contract on traders will no longer show when on servers where wagoner feature is disabled.
  • Bugfix: Affinities will no longer attempt to be awarded to a skill or characteristic that already has 5
  • Bugfix: Fixed levelling in caves using old imbue formula.
  • Bugfix: Fixed hate lockpicking bonus not working on defiance
  • Bugfix: Hitching posts will no longer cause animals to teleport tiles away or go invisible.
  • Bugfix: Only one person can forage, botanize, rummage, or collect snowballs on a given tile at a given time
  • Bugfix: Fixed Valrei rewards not always being given out to offline players
  • Bugfix: Horses that have grown from foal to adult will now correctly apply speed penalties.
  • Bugfix: Horse shoes will now take damage even when a saddle is not present when being ridden.
  • Bugfix: Converting from BL to WL kingdom with marks deity swap will now always give you a positive alignment.
  • Bugfix: Artifact Fixes
    • Artifacts inside settlements that stick slightly outside the starter areas will now count as inside the starter areas when polling artifact decay, this includes the perimeters of that deed that may be outside the zone as well.
    • Artifacts will now vanish when they run out of charges inside Defiance safe zones instead of waiting for the next natural decay tick.
    • There is now a warning if you enter an area with increased artifact decay with an artifact on you. This warning is also shown when the artifact is moved around at all inside that area.
    • Artifacts will now only lose 5 charges per hour within starter areas.

Client Changes:

• New: “Show detailed hover information” in UI tab of the settings (new UI only), can now be used to disable details of the item mouse-over box, leaving only the item name (like in the old UI)
  • New: Added a font scale setting to the new UI (only affects certain UI components), and changes the minimum UI scale to 80%.
  • Bugfix: Disembark default action when pressed over a creature will now work as intended.
  • Bugfix: Enchant after Dispel will no longer show upon mouseover
  • Bugfix: Enchanted items will now show correct enchants and power upon mouseover.
  • Bugfix: Fixed players going bald after taking off helmets.
  • Bugfix: Hitching posts will no longer cause animals to teleport tiles away or go invisible.
  • Bugfix: Skill tracker bars will now show progress to next level correctly on new UI
  • Bugfix: Stopped the camera wobble when using the checkerboard.
  • Bugfix: Subgroups within Inventory groups will now stay visible upon relogging
  • Bugfix: TURN_UP and TURN_DOWN keybinds will no longer go outside reasonable camera rotation limits in first person.
  • Bugfix: World portal map on Haven using the old UI client will now show correctly
  • Bugfix: Horizontal bar on Village plan from the token now works correctly.
  • Bugfix: Removed non-functional close button from the settlement founding form
  • Like 20

First ?

Yay me \o/. No official opinion on this update yet. Hope this update works up well for everybody tho 🙂

<reserved as I read more of this update>

Edited by TeeeBOMB
more words

36 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Bugfix: It is no longer possible to play checkers while being away from the board

what

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, DevBlog said:
  • Bugfix: Non-English CA Help channel should no longer appear again after disabling on server restarts.

Thank You!  Thank You!  Thank You!  Thank You!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Bugfix: Fixed Traitor missions being removed before properly finishing the mission

Yes!

How about killing god's avatars before their mission is done? Will it spawn a  new mission?

Edited by Cipacadrinho

I'm just really glad I'm not going to be bald after removing my helm any longer... 

Awesome list of updates! Thanks. 

• Like 2

ANY chance to get normal non blinking buttons for the chat/events tabs, it's not 95th only 2021 and that ui practices are just insane to use for irrelevant ui elements, especially if they consistently update and focus user's attention to irrelevant positions on the screen, NOBODY cares if a friend logged on or not(can be clicked and checked when needed).

Old simple color change was ok, why do all chat/event tabs have to blink now? 
50c3602ee71fa5a48c9914da6e04d05a.gif
https://i.gyazo.com/50c3602ee71fa5a48c9914da6e04d05a.mp4

At some point this just gets ridiculous with all tabs flashing like a disco house, while you literally need 1 chat tab active to talk with somebody.

Village/Alliance/GL/Freedom.. you usually use 1 tab, rest are normally not as important.. what's the point to keep flashing people about updates.

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Cipacadrinho said:

Yes!

How about killing god's avatars before their mission is done? Will it spawn a  new mission?

That was fixed like, an update or two ago

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Finnn said:

NOBODY cares if a friend logged on or not

Ok. Not sure what you mean here Finnn. But I like to know when friends log on.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TeeeBOMB said:

Ok. Not sure what you mean here Finnn. But I like to know when friends log on.

friends tab is 1 of them all, take literally any of the shown on the gif there... add more - team, PM1, PM2, PM3, PM5, PM15 with different people.. once you get an update that you haven't checked yet.. they all just start blinking.. it's a nut house at that point.

It's not about removing any tabs.. it's about the annoyance to blink, we used to have a COLOR change to show that there's some update in there which you haven't seen, now there's infinite blinking 😩👎

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • New: “Show detailed hover information” in UI tab of the settings (new UI only), can now be used to disable details of the item mouse-over box, leaving only the item name (like in the old UI)
  • New: Added a font scale setting to the new UI (only affects certain UI components), and changes the minimum UI scale to 80%.
  • Bugfix: Disembark default action when pressed over a creature will now work as intended.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

5 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Thank you.

-

Edited by Yserin
no longer playing, Per the mismanagment of AH update

-

Edited by Yserin
no longer playing, Per the mismanagment of AH update
  • Like 2

Excellent update. Thank you for Prayer and for more UI scaling (fonts) especially.

17 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Bugfix: You are no longer able to use a Charm Rune, Rebirth, Summon Skeleton, Summon Worg, Summon Wraith, or use the Charm of Fo when you have a caged pet.

surely you coulda just made it so you untame the animal in the cage right

• Like 3

19 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Bugfix: TURN_UP and TURN_DOWN keybinds will no longer go outside reasonable camera rotation limits in first person.

aw I thought that was a feature... ;_; oh well :P

20 hours ago, Finnn said:

friends tab is 1 of them all, take literally any of the shown on the gif there... add more - team, PM1, PM2, PM3, PM5, PM15 with different people.. once you get an update that you haven't checked yet.. they all just start blinking.. it's a nut house at that point.

It's not about removing any tabs.. it's about the annoyance to blink, we used to have a COLOR change to show that there's some update in there which you haven't seen, now there's infinite blinking 😩👎

16 hours ago, Yserin said:

yep this part of the update makes checking your tabs even less intuitive and useful. if they never stop blinking you dont bother checking or all you do is micro manage the menu to stop the annoyance. itgs nice that they keep adding qol features to the new ui but the problems keep me on the old one. I have enough eyetrain headaches and migraines I am not adding this avoidable thing to the list.

so once again thanks ( not sarcastic) for letting us continue to use the old ui for those of us that find many of ui elements of the new one obnoxious.

We've actually made this "glowing" change after a significant amount of complaints that the tabs on the new UI that have new messages are not visible enough.

I'd say it worked so far since we haven't had those complaints reappear, but what do you suggest as an alternative?

My suggestion: tabs could either only glow for a given time after they're updated with new content, or we could add an option to disable the blinking entirely.

• Like 2

I’d separate chat glowing from event/combat/skill/friends glowing. The latter change so often it’s annoying to have updates so apparent.

Or, even better, right-click any chat/event tab and blink off (maybe already there at least on chat)

• Like 1

So today marks an important day for a few but a big impact on many unaware, prayer nerf, those that skilled before are going to be raging so hard as I pray for no reason for a skill i have zero interest or care about to achieve anything, hell i don't even know what buffs this gives, but the fact that every tick i get makes somebody boil is enough for me. 

Edit: Got bored after 7 ticks being lined up and decided to do thatching instead. 

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 3

Bugfix: Disembark default action when pressed over a creature will now work as intended

So it was a bug.. and I'm not (completely) stupid! 😆

*patiently waiting on my Clairvoyant title 😬

Sign in to follow this