Sign in to follow this  
Sinnjinn

WTS forest giant blood X3, 2-hand sword 90LT, glimmersteel staff, rare unfinished forge, bladders, cochineal

WTS forest giant blood X3, 2-hand sword 90LT, glimmersteel staff, rare unfinished forge, bladders, cochineal

Prices:

blood: 5s each.  13s if you guy all 3

2 hand sword, Iron, 70ql, 90LT - 6s

glimmersteel staff 18ql - 30s

rare forge: 23s

bladders and cochineal: make offer

/tell Sinnjinn in game

don't buy from him, he is a market speculator taking advantage from ppl who don't know the prices buying at really low prices and reselling at the normal price

unknown.png

unknown.png

• Like 1

On 1/30/2021 at 6:32 AM, Elregis said:

don't buy from him, he is a market speculator taking advantage from ppl who don't know the prices buying at really low prices and reselling at the normal price

Haven't entirely convinced myself yet, but I'm not sure I see anything inherently wrong with this practice.  If one player takes the time to study the market and another doesn’t, it makes a certain amount of sense that the first player would reap the reward.  If I trade without understanding what my commodity is actually worth, I risk losing out financially.  Should my ignorance be my responsibility, or someone else's?

6 hours ago, Minnie said:

Haven't entirely convinced myself yet, but I'm not sure I see anything inherently wrong with this practice.  If one player takes the time to study the market and another doesn’t, it makes a certain amount of sense that the first player would reap the reward.  If I trade without understanding what my commodity is actually worth, I risk losing out financially.  Should my ignorance be my responsibility, or someone else's?

you can say that for irl because market can be studied at any time and you have a lot of information to compare but for a new player who just started and has no idea about prices and you tell him a item worth 30s is only worth 15s (lie,  isn't that wrong?) and then talk to him with another account offering to buy for 15s as a favor to him isn't fair. A mate talked to that guy that got scammed and he was really sad about it because he was brand new and got the rod from a giftbox with marks, a new player wont expect ppl in a GAME to take advantage of them just for money. Lying to new players destroys their experience and kills comunity for a game thats about comunity, you are not studying the market to see ppl usualy sell this for 2-3s i can buy at 2 and sell at 3, your are saying fake prices to make profit from it

Who exactly have I taken advantage of?  Sure I do SOME buying and reselling when I see people selling stuff and I think I can make a profit.  Almost all of the time these people are doing it fully aware of the market price.  I bought almost 4k of dirt from someone who was selling it at 1s per 1k.  Lots of people were PCing that going price is 2s.  Did I take advantage of that person?  Bought a couple of Rods of Transmutations for a good price and sold them at a profit... did I take advantage of them?  They are the ones who went to the Merchant and spent 40s a piece on them.  How am I talking advantage of them?   There are people who try to rip off newbs who don't know better...the people who spam Trade looking for rares and supremes.  Most (not all) of these people are looking for newbs who got lucky and don't know the value of what they have.  But you don't find a Rod of Transmutation.  You don't get lucky when imping something and wind up with one.  You go to a Merchant and spend a ton of silver...so I'm not sure how I took advantage.

And of the stuff listed above, it was all done by me.  The blood (which is no longer available) was acquired by going to unique slayings.  The sword I paid someone to enchant.  The glimmersteel staff (which I'm no longer selling) was made for me by Pantha, and I got most of the glimmer myself by going to rifts (or trading the addy I got at rifts).  The rare unfinished forge (which has already sold) I made myself.  and the bladders and cochineal I got myself from all the hunting I do.  Yes, I do some buying and reselling, but that is very little of what I sell.

Edited by Sinnjinn

9 hours ago, Elregis said:

you can say that for irl because market can be studied at any time and you have a lot of information to compare but for a new player who just started and has no idea about prices and you tell him a item worth 30s is only worth 15s (lie,  isn't that wrong?) and then talk to him with another account offering to buy for 15s as a favor to him isn't fair. A mate talked to that guy that got scammed and he was really sad about it because he was brand new and got the rod from a giftbox with marks, a new player wont expect ppl in a GAME to take advantage of them just for money. Lying to new players destroys their experience and kills comunity for a game thats about comunity, you are not studying the market to see ppl usualy sell this for 2-3s i can buy at 2 and sell at 3, your are saying fake prices to make profit from it

First, I never talked to him with another account.  It was someone else who PC'd the rod at 15s.  (Morkoontaro was the guys name).  Second, the seller contacted me, not the other way around.  when I saw the PC of the Rod at 15s I thought I wanted one, I actually bought it fully intending to use it myself, and put up an ad which was somthing like "WTB Rod of Transmutation 15s"  fully listing on the ad what i wanted to pay.  The seller contacted me.  Third, it wasn't until after we agreed to a price that he told me HE HAD TWO.  You say he got them from a gift box with marks?  how am I supposed to know that?  I thought the only way to get them was by buying them from merchants.  Should I interogate everyone I buy from, make them fill out a questionaire?  You can ask any of the people I deal with that I am an honest person and ethical trader.  I feel bad that he was a new player....but how am I supposed to know that?  you think I had some sort of master plan to dupe this guy, and I simply didn't.