Sign in to follow this  
Ngin

Why can't unicorn wear a mount barding

Hello, this has sadness me the most in this game; right after taming a unicorn, I was not be able to equip my unicorn with a mount barding.

Please give some love to Animal Taming thanks.

• Like 3

+ 1 Unicorns are pretty lame in comparison as is. This should certainly be a thing.

• Like 1

Why not indeed.

+1 this barding on unicorns idea.

Confirmed this day , 26 Feb 2021, can not put cloth barding onto a tamed unicorn: "[00:04:42] The venerable fat unicorn 'C0r f20180319am' can not use that."

• Like 1

Could be explained lore wise.

"These rare animals have a pure connection to nature. They do not tolerate metal or other materials stifling their movements and react aggresively to such attempts of shielding them. At best they will concede to be shod with metals of high value but more than that.”

• Like 2

Maybe just balance reasons for pvp. You can breed champ unis but not champ hell horses.

Champ unis with 90 ql bardings on them? Tough to take down I imagine, but I might be wrong. Been a while since I killed a champ unicorn.

anyone who's made a silver or gold barding and imped them knows they are not cheap (lumpwise) and isnt gold softer so take more dmg? so...whoever can manage to make and keep barding ql 90+ shoulld be allowed to put it on unis i guess....

if pvp balance is the issue at least make it doable on pve first to test balance?

+1

pvp reasons indeed but that should be overcome with balance somehow. Make unis comparable in combat cause they're just slain for the horn atm. Also other reasons to take the time to keep and ride them would be nice, it is a fantasy world.

Edited by Silures