Sign in to follow this  
Minnie

When sending mail, costs should be confirmed before items are sent

Especially when sending items COD, there should be a confirmation screen which comes up before the items are sent, which clearly indicates how much you are paying and how much the recipient is paying, and gives you the option to confirm the amount or change it, so you don't accidentally charge the wrong amount.

Edited by Minnie
edited for clarity
  • Like 1

I agree. I was just sending a batch of gems thinking "I wish I could see a total".

16 hours ago, ChampagneDragon said:

5RrNKMj.jpg?1

Here's how it looks for me (except less enormous):

OIfcd7S.png

It's not exactly crystal clear what is going on here.  At the very least, please align the columns and remove the commas.  And the currency denominations should be denoted with words, not letters (e.g. "Gold" instead of "G").  Honestly the entire thing could use a complete overhaul.  Perhaps something along the lines of:

ITEM 1:  backpack, leather   QL: x.xx    DAM: x.xx   Weight: x.xx   COD:  Yes

Mail cost (paid by recipient):                                                  1 copper

Your price (paid by recipient to you):    0 Gold    0 silver    0 copper    0 iron

ITEM 2:  [subsequent items listed similarly]

I'm sure there are better ways to do it, but that's my best shot off the top of my head.

Then once you've filled in the form, a pop-up appears that clearly indicates the amount you will pay to mail the items, and the amount the recipient will pay to you upon receipt of the items, along with options to accept, cancel, or return to the previous screen (i.e. the one above).

Mail is a financial transaction.  The details should be presented as clearly as possible.

Even more importantly (I think), there should be a confirmation of WHO you're sending the mail to. If you're sending mail COD, you type in the name, then when you go to the next page, you don't see the name anymore. 

This would be good too though, definitely. 

Edited by Arronicus
  • Like 1

Wurm Mail in general needs a lot of work, both visual and functional. It is an essential service in wurmians life and really awaits improvements.

Clearer overview/confirmation screen.

History of sent items, accepted items, pending, rejected, to who and when.

Able to accept in all servers, not just where you got the delivery notification.

Custom return delay if not accepted.

All the other suggestions over the last many years.

I'd like if the devs don't start fixing single issues one by one, and instead they lay out a good plan to improve the whole package.

I can imagine that Wurm's mail code is one of those things no dev really wants to touch, but it's from stone age and needs to be addressed.

Love all the concrete ideas here. I'd also love to see the ability to cancel sent mail. For example, in case you send something to the wrong person.

• Like 1

I totally agree with all the suggestions related to making it more clear.

This entire system of these types of UI windows needs an overhaul, not just for this window, but every window including permissions, deed founding, bsb item moving confirmation and literally every other window that has the send button.

• Like 1

Name of the receiver should also be reconfirmed before sending.

I always wonder of I sent the item to the correct player.

On 1/24/2021 at 2:55 AM, Shmeric said:

Custom return delay if not accepted.

What do you mean merchants don't want to wait 2 weeks to get a crafted good back when they 

a) accidentally send it to the wrong person due to very similar names

b) send it to someone who changed maps for a moment, and just never noticed that it arrived on the other map

c) send it to someone who suddenly quit playing

I do really miss eve-online's contract window. When you created a contract for another player, it has a confirmation window with what's being offered, how much the total price is, who it is to, and more. Just makes things a lot more informational for the seller/buyer,  in a game that explicitly allows theft.

• Like 1

i think bump up the mesily irons we get to sell stuff at settlement pole ,as the mail costs are extreme and there needs better balance