Sign in to follow this  
bigtree

Containers ease of use

Two ideas to make it easier to work with a large number of containers like in crate rakes.

1: Be able to sort by renamed names. Enabling the name column to sort by the name inside the parentheses first would enable the play to setup a custom sort. 

2: Open all containers. By selecting multiple containers and right clicking or clicking the '+' or provide an open all button. This would open all or all selected containers including containers in containers BOT NOT build in containers (like in a lunchbox) or piles.

Edited by bigtree

#1 is definitely something we never knew we wanted.  It should be easy to implement (just add it to the sort by name cycle).

Not too sure about #2

there's an "expand all" button that already opens all containers in an inventory if you right click the column header, but it also opens sub-inventories.

Well #2 was implemented in record time. Now we can focus on #1. 🤣

Renames should in general display at the front end rather than the back end.  This would then automatically provide for the OP. #1.

• Like 1

+1 to the suggestion. Maybe belonging here too: a total of volume used in b/fsb and bcu shelf.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2021 at 9:30 PM, bigtree said:

Open all containers. By selecting multiple containers and right clicking or clicking the '+' or provide an open all button. This would open all or all selected containers including containers in containers BOT NOT build in containers (like in a lunchbox) or piles.

I would love this. When grinding HFC opening all the frying pans and pottery bowls give me RSI. 

The first suggestion, sorting by rename would be very nice to sort food by affinity.

14 hours ago, Yng said:

I would love this. When grinding HFC opening all the frying pans and pottery bowls give me RSI. 

The first suggestion, sorting by rename would be very nice to sort food by affinity.

As I mentioned, you can already expand all; I too suffered from this when grinding hfc until someone told me you can mass-expand by right clicking the column

• Like 1

Sorry did not read all replies. Thanks for pointing that out again. That saves a lot of clicking. 

It would still be nice to open all selected items though, because you usually don't want to open everything in the oven. But that option sure helps.

You can easily solve #1 by making all containers from same wood(everything should be cedar anyway :P ). Then it will sort it by renamed names

6 hours ago, kochinac said:

You can easily solve #1 by making all containers from same wood(everything should be cedar anyway :P ). Then it will sort it by renamed names

That's a reasonable work around. But doesn't help in every case. It would be nice if it also didn't group similar containers. Say you have a large crate and a small crate of hunting arrows. Because the crate sizes are grouped these would not be next too each other regardless of their name (or wood type).

Besides, I hate to waste my hard earned (acquired) crates because I can't sort them easily. 

Edited by bigtree

On 1/27/2021 at 3:09 PM, bigtree said:

That's a reasonable work around. But doesn't help in every case. It would be nice if it also didn't group similar containers. Say you have a large crate and a small crate of hunting arrows. Because the crate sizes are grouped these would not be next too each other regardless of their name (or wood type).

Besides, I hate to waste my hard earned (acquired) crates because I can't sort them easily. 

You can drag and drop example large crate group next to small crate group in your wagon/cart.