Sign in to follow this  
Ayuna

"...bring and give pliers to venerable Avatar of Libila." Seeking encouragement.

This is the type of mission I've never done before, but wanted to attempt:

"Libila wants  4 of you to bring and give pliers to venerable Avatar of Libila. Venerable Avatar of Libila was last seen near Ponganui Docks, within about 1 map squares of E22."

Have any of you successfully completed such a mission? Any tips, please? I'm to be thoroughly searching through something like 6 map squares, right?

2 minutes ago, Ayuna said:

I'm to be thoroughly searching through something like 6 map squares, right?

Pretty much. Avatars are quite tall however, so unless they're hiding in a forest they are fairly easy to spot when close.

Also, 1 map square?  That's quite new and should make the job easier. (Add an extra square just in case)

1 hour ago, neopherus said:

Pretty much. Avatars are quite tall however, so unless they're hiding in a forest they are fairly easy to spot when close.

Also, 1 map square?  That's quite new and should make the job easier. (Add an extra square just in case)

Thanks, Neopherus.

I guess I don't understand the "within 1 map square of E22" bit. Doesn't this mean I should be looking at the radius of E22? Within one map square means the Avatar could be in any of the surrounding map squares, no? So I'd have to check D22, E21, E23, and F22?

6 minutes ago, Ayuna said:

I guess I don't understand the "within 1 map square of E22" bit

It's one tile in every direction including diagonals. You have the gist of it right, just have to include the corners as well :)

• Like 1

Best approach is trying to locate the avatar with reveal creatures (Vynora). If the avatar is on the cliffs in E/F-22/23, forget it. Else it could be visible from afar if you are lucky. Avatars are never swimming or hovering in or over water.

If you have located it, best gather a priest or more for summoning as it is often hard to get the necessary number of participants.

• Like 1