Sign in to follow this  
Thornbeard

cant join a server. and it asks me to register an account on the website

cant join a server online and it asks me to register an account on the website. I even created a new account to no avail.  Haven't played in years and really want to play again.

Windows 10

Hp laptop.

Please help.

1) Are you positive you mean Wurm Unlimited, the standalone version of the game through Steam only, and NOT Wurm Online, the subscription based multiplayer (through either steam or through the website)? Because this is the WU section and we can get it moved to WO if you meant WO ...

2) Make sure the website registration is actually for a game account and not for a forum account, which are two separate things. The place to register for a game account is here:  

https://jenn001.game.wurmonline.com/WurmWeb/index.jsp?c=register  and you will usually need to respond to a confirmation email (check SPAM folder if you don't see an email)

3) If you were trying to log into an older account that had never been premium, those are deleted after 90 days or so of not logging in. Accounts that have had a premium subscription at any time will never be deleted.

If none of these helped at all, can you think of any other details you may have not mentioned? When you say "cant join a server online and it asks me to register an account on the website"  is it giving you a selection of servers to choose from before telling you to register an account? (Those should be the other way around). Do you have a character name typed into the launcher? Can you tell me a few server names it lists, so I can be sure whether it is WU or WO (as a few steps are different between the two)?

Don't give up, I am sure we can get it figured out!

EDIT: I messaged with him and confirmed  it is WO not WU, and that one character is an older character he is trying to return to but has "credentials issues". He also made a new character through Steam that works fine but he could not access through the website Store. I explained to him how the wurmonline website launcher+Store are separate from the Steam launcher+Store, and each character is bound to whichever system it started with, and also included a screenshot on how to easily access the Steam Store ingame for his brand new character. I also had some suggestions for trying to access the older character in case it is a password issue, a java cache issue, an old launcher version, a deleted character, or something else. He has not logged into the forum since our initial contact however, so I have no idea whether he resolved everything or still has issues .... 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors