Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. Catching up!

Just now, Retrograde said:

Let's not jump into insulting each other. 

I understand that some feel their hard work grinding payer under the current circumstances is now lesser in value, but I'm sure we can all agree it was an extreme amount of time spent just for hitting 70. 

Making this aspect less of a bottleneck allows priests to focus on more priest activities and being more productive. 

Unless they shatter everything 

The time spend wasnt to hit 70 prayer, it was to get benediction basically. On top of the time that took, people who already grinded it had to do it at low faith, getting no gems.

Plenty people already have benediction on the new servers, so why is it too hard to get?

1 hour ago, Joemog said:

It's way too late to change the prayer grind.

You're absolutely ###### over people who invested time in it already. Not only did they waste time just standing around for no grind, they also missed out on thousands of gems since they had to be low faith to grind. No need to make benediction less special now. Everyone will have it on their priest now. Thought it was supposed to be an endgame grind.

Look if I read this correctly they normalize Prayer grind. And to be fair it is a rather arbitrary skill even for a priest. The benefits are more or less small and the normalization of this is welcome. Things like global spell and other benediction goals are fare more in line with the actual priest gameplay. I understand that you feel some what devalued but see it this way you have the 5+ Bonus for longer then the rest thanks to the grind so you have done. The rest will now just catch faster up then you expected but is this really bad? Does it effect YOUR gameplay in any way? Well it will devalue the market probably don't know I play on Defiance we don't have a market in our Kingdom :P But cheaper stuff is good for the consumer I guess ;)

20 minutes ago, Radircs said:

Look if I read this correctly they normalize Prayer grind. And to be fair it is a rather arbitrary skill even for a priest. The benefits are more or less small and the normalization of this is welcome. Things like global spell and other benediction goals are fare more in line with the actual priest gameplay. I understand that you feel some what devalued but see it this way you have the 5+ Bonus for longer then the rest thanks to the grind so you have done. The rest will now just catch faster up then you expected but is this really bad? Does it effect YOUR gameplay in any way? Well it will devalue the market probably don't know I play on Defiance we don't have a market in our Kingdom :P But cheaper stuff is good for the consumer I guess ;)

No, I got benediction like yesterday and won't be getting any use ot it for a while yet.

Yes we both play on PVP, so of course it affects everyone's gameplay what others have.

People saying the benefits of prayer are small, YES there are none, the benefit is getting benediction from it and that's huge. Basically an arbituary skill to make benediction an endgame thing.

Edited by Joemog

5 hours ago, Carmichael said:

can we have 100% meditations ticks as well as easier weaponsmithing too?

GREATEST question so far this year ^

Can we also have rift times that make sense so we could chose to participate rather than sacrifice sleep or work for it, and actually see dragons and end game armor as other than a myth on screenshots?

• Like 4

i love how people always have to complain that changes happen to an online game 😛 
i have yet to see an only game that haven't changed something along the way made either made it easier or harder to achieve something, someone else had. 

So if you used hours getting to 70 prayer, you still had the glory of being a bene priest before many others 😛  Welcome to the world of evolving online games, nothing ever remains the same.

Can't wait for the combat update :P 

thanks to Dev team for making 2020 isolation much more relaxing (with Wurm) :D 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, denully said:

i love how people always have to complain that changes happen to an online game 😛 
i have yet to see an only game that haven't changed something along the way made either made it easier or harder to achieve something, someone else had.

Okay so should we just dismiss any discussion ever based on that?

Edited by Joemog

A good fix would be to make prayer skill useful for something; scale the gems recieved, other items bonuses while praying etc, and still remove the skillgain penalties from having high faith and alignment.

This would make the game better by making prayer a real skill while not ###### over people who already have grinded prayer while still making it easier and less unintuitive for new people going for benediction.

4 hours ago, Joemog said:

It's way too late to change the prayer grind.

You're absolutely ###### over people who invested time in it already. Not only did they waste time just standing around for no grind, they also missed out on thousands of gems since they had to be low faith to grind. No need to make benediction less special now. Everyone will have it on their priest now. Thought it was supposed to be an endgame grind.

It is like you would say that Henry Ford screwed over people who invested in stagecoaches. Standing in one place hitting pray is not a game at all, unless you call it Idle RPG. 

Edited by Platyna

10 hours ago, Retrograde said:

A beautifully designed courtyard at Bhaktivedanta Manor, N14, Cadence

You should visit Platinum Ranch (in about one week). 

22 minutes ago, Platyna said:

It is like you would say that Henry Ford screwed over people who invested in stagecoaches. Standing in one place hitting pray is not a game at all, unless you call it Idle RPG. 

Praying will still be like that, they don't fix that.

You think making anything faster is progress? Should probably go play WU then with max skillgain!

28 minutes ago, Joemog said:

Praying will still be like that, they don't fix that.

You think making anything faster is progress? Should probably go play WU then with max skillgain!

I see no problem with it being faster. And the idea that if one suffered so long, so other has to suffer equally long is stupid. 

Edited by Platyna
  • Like 1

There is this strange conceited idea that because you worked hard for something, so too must others. Even when that amount of work is absurdly high and unneeded, people who endure hardships demand that others endure hardships to earn what they earned; I don't think this line of thought is in any way reasonable. When making changes, the only thing that should be considered is how that change impacts the future and how fun/fair it is as a change. There should be basically no consideration of those who have already hit that point, other than maybe concessions- for example, you could take everyone who's hit 70+ prayer the current way and give them some sort of title to compensate them, but that alone isn't a good reason to just not make the change.

Anywho, I'm glad to see a VI without it being demanded for, and I'm glad to see stuff  be worked on as well as announcing future updates on a super timely manner. I'll look forward to see what comes and hope this year marks a true and proper change to how wurm goes on

btw @Retrogradewhat's the update on 

?

• Like 3

I've been depriested on PVE in order to grind prayer skill, and spent tons of hours to grind it to 70, and now you depreciate my work. How about to fix my losses. I want get back my Vynora deity and 70 faith on PVE if you going act like this.

6 minutes ago, RainRain said:

There is this strange conceited idea that because you worked hard for something, so too must others. Even when that amount of work is absurdly high and unneeded, people who endure hardships demand that others endure hardships to earn what they earned; I don't think this line of thought is in any way reasonable. When making changes, the only thing that should be considered is how that change impacts the future and how fun/fair it is as a change. There should be basically no consideration of those who have already hit that point, other than maybe concessions- for example, you could take everyone who's hit 70+ prayer the current way and give them some sort of title to compensate them, but that alone isn't a good reason to just not make the change.

Anywho, I'm glad to see a VI without it being demanded for, and I'm glad to see stuff  be worked on as well as announcing future updates on a super timely manner. I'll look forward to see what comes and hope this year marks a true and proper change to how wurm goes on

btw @Retrogradewhat's the update on 

?

Ongoing! Working out a content schedule and such, don't worry, you'll soon learn how to do stuff good! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nelsy said:

I've been depriested on PVE in order to grind prayer skill, and spent tons of hours to grind it to 70, and now you depreciate my work. How about to fix my losses. I want get back my Vynora deity and 70 faith on PVE if you going act like this.

Exactly. Not only will people getting it now not have to depriest, they will get it way faster and get tons of gems doing it.

To add to this, we all knew how this worked at NFI server starts. If your only fix is to make it faster and not even do anything interesting about it you had to do it there. It also would take no time at all. Why did the devs suddenly change their mind? It just shows how little the devs care or how much out of touch they are.

Flushing out any time investment balances in an economy or PVP driven MMO is just mindless and dumb.

Edited by Joemog

2 minutes ago, Joemog said:

Flushing out any time investment balances in an economy or PVP driven MMO is just mindless and dumb.

I did not understand that bit about "depriested to get 70 prayer" at all. Seems to be a PvP feature. In PvE there is no way over faith 30 unless priested.

But Wurm is certainly nothing even remotely alike "an economy or PVP driven MMO".

1 minute ago, Ekcin said:

I did not understand that bit about "depriested to get 70 prayer" at all. Seems to be a PvP feature. In PvE there is no way over faith 30 unless priested.

But Wurm is certainly nothing even remotely alike "an economy or PVP driven MMO".

Yeah you must be playing a different game because none of what you said makes sense.

• Like 1

Now my pointless grind to 80 prayer seems like it was never worth it.

I can't tell if it was worth it from the start, however.

6 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

higher faith makes prayer checks have a lower difficulty which in turns means you get less skill.
thus, priest mains need to depriest in order to efficiently grind prayer to 70. this is part of what's changing according to OP, though you wouldn't know this because some others prefer to mock you instead of explain apparently, as if any of this info is obvious.

4 minutes ago, Sn00 said:

Now my pointless grind to 80 prayer seems like it was never worth it.

I can't tell if it was worth it from the start, however.

you could make it a pointless grind to 90 instead for a title :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Joemog said:

Exactly. Not only will people getting it now not have to depriest, they will get it way faster and get tons of gems doing it.

To add to this, we all knew how this worked at NFI server starts. If your only fix is to make it faster and not even do anything interesting about it you had to do it there. It also would take no time at all. Why did the devs suddenly change their mind? It just shows how little the devs care or how much out of touch they are.

Its ok if they going to change it but I'd like to get compensation for people who lose their play time to achieve this. I'ts been cost me around 67 faith, because I changed my deity to become 1 faith (which is can be evaluated in premium time) and I've been spend almost two month to grind this skill to 70, doing it like 10 hours per day. This time I could spent to grind other skills, and get few skills to 90 easily. So if dev's want to make their game better they should think how their changes affect on all players and prevent them quit game because of such huge unfairness. Its ok to change it but some people like me spent tons of time and now it turns to complete waste which should be compensated fairly.

Edited by Nelsy

2 minutes ago, Joemog said:

Exactly. To add to this, we all knew how this worked at NFI server starts. If your only fix is to make it faster and not even do anything interesting about it you had to do it there. It also would take no time at all. Why did the devs suddenly change their mind?

While I understand and can appreciate the time it took to grind out this skill, and your position on the changes, to me the logic you are using does not hold up for the future of this game. Yes prayer is a pain to grind, grats to you for doing it, but to someone, every other skill is a pain to grind. To the player that does not know how to min/max/sweetspot grinding, they can just as easily spend many many more hours grinding a skill that  you may know how to do in much less time. Should we not look at any skills then and make no changes because some of the player base spent more time doing something then someone else?

I'd support a special title or something for those that hit 70 before this fix, that would be a pretty cool thing if it was added. 

To say that the skill was hard for me, it should be hard for you, is asking to remain in the stone age. The future of the game and what the devs believe to be a benefit to the game is what should matter. If anything, the fact that these issues come up when these kinds of changes are suggested or actually added to the game, to me shows that there was a problem with that skill to begin with. Though I do think it can become an issue with how far is to far when making these kinds of changes. How much easier should any one skill be made. There was a time in WoW that the game started to be "dumbed" down to try to make it more attractive to more casual players and this hurt the hard core player base. This is an issue that can happen pretty easy, especially here in Wurm.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, RainRain said:

higher faith makes prayer checks have a lower difficulty which in turns means you get less skill.
thus, priest mains need to depriest in order to efficiently grind prayer to 70. this is part of what's changing according to OP, though you wouldn't know this because some others prefer to mock you instead of explain apparently, as if any of this info is obvious.

Many thanks for the explanation. It seems to be the same as those priests on SFI going to Epic as followers. Indeed they do not suffer from high faith and alignment in that case. The shortcut on Defiance seems similar. Much more it seems odd to complain then. The real sufferers (and heroes :) ) are those priests in PvE who did not take that relatively easy way which admittedly my priests took too. The complaint thus boils down to "I have to sermon other 4 weeks". Hmpf. So much ado about so few.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

Many thanks for the explanation. It seems to be the same as those priests on SFI going to Epic as followers. Indeed they do not suffer from high faith and alignment in that case. The shortcut on Defiance seems similar. Much more it seems odd to complain then. The real sufferers (and heroes :) ) are those priests in PvE who did not take that relatively easy way which admittedly my priests took too. The complaint thus boils down to "I have to sermon other 4 weeks". Hmpf. So much ado about so few.

You should note that there's players who play on both PvE and PvP equally on NFI as well, so it's not quite as clean cut as being a shortcut.

Also, another thing to point out is that there are lots of players who didn't even grind the skill: they just went to Chaos and became a champion instead. There was never proper equality for this journal entry.

Edited by RainRain
  • Like 1