Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. Catching up!

ValreiInternational.png

Greetings Wurmians! 

Well we're into 2021 now, and kicking off with the first Valrei International of the year! 

Our focus is on next weeks upcoming update, as well as touching on the combat rework that will be entering public testing shortly. 

Next update
The next update will be out on Thursday, the 28th of Jan. It will include a range of bug fixes and more tweaks to the UI based on feedback, along with the prayer skill gain rework. 

Pray for gains
As per a previous suggestion to modify how prayer skillgain works: 

We took the time to look at prayer skillgain as a whole, and have made several changes in order to improve tick frequency and allow for more optimum skillgain.
Previous skillgain being slow was a problem of the difficulty being lower at higher skills, so we've made the following changes:

• Altar quality is no longer a factor in skill gain.
  • Higher Faith increases the chance of gaining Prayer skill.
  • Prayer actions resulting in skill will give more skill than before.
  • A higher percentage of prayer actions will result in Prayer skill gain, especially at higher skill levels
  • (Note that this change only affects skill gain, The likelihood or quality of other events from prayer, such as receiving gems and gaining Faith, have not been altered.)

These changes should lead to improved skill gain and less bothering your gods! 

Mortal Combat!

The combat work is still underway, and our plan is to sit down on test with it for some time before it goes live. 

We'll be opening public testing for that soon, and work with feedback with the intention of it going live at the end of Feb update. 

No goat about it
This month's special skin is the goat horned open helm! From cold lands comes this fighters helm, available via the loyalty store! 

GOATEST.jpg

CistaCista's Captivating Corbita Craziness! 

CistaCista, host of the PureBreds H held another regatta last weekend, with the Corbita races! The wind did not turn up sadly, but the event was quite enjoyed by all who attended! 

I, on behalf of the team would like to congratulate CistaCista for putting the event together, and would love to see more in the future as well! 

(Seriously, call me 📞, we'll talk) 

Tales from the shoutbox: 

Spoiler

A beautifully designed courtyard at Bhaktivedanta Manor, N14, Cadence
qR37DKw.jpg

WurmLauncher64_7lntCkVWy1.png?resize=768

Stargrace decided to start feeding a wild cat it's weight in steak and debated becoming Wurms first "Crazy Cat Lady", a veteran explorer and Wurmian, Stargrace shares her adventures in her own blog, you can read here:
https://nomadicgamerseh.com/

That's it from us at this point, we'll be back with details of the combat update when it goes live on test, and might organise some fun events around it! 

Until then, keep on Wurming!
Retrograde & The Wurm Team

• Like 15

These prayer changes would have been great at the start of the server but what about all the players who put in the work and effort to get 70 prayer for benediction before the change. All this change is doing at this moment is devaluating a bene-priest. 

• Cat 2

6 minutes ago, Atndy said:

These prayer changes would have been great at the start of the server but what about all the players who put in the work and effort to get 70 prayer for benediction before the change. All this change is doing at this moment is devaluating a bene-priest. 

How many players went to defiance to get prayer up ?

Looks interesting..

Is it possible that help skins could be attached to any head armor piece ?

Studded helm is not that interesting looking..

Just now, Damascus said:

How many players went to defiance to get prayer up ?

Looks interesting..

Is it possible that help skins could be attached to any head armor piece ?

Studded helm is not that interesting looking..

Everyone that's bene now used the other server because you have to have 1 faith for the best difficulty. I hope with the changes they nerf prayer gain closer to 70 because turning a 800 hour grind into a 40 hour grind would kill the buzz of a benediction (END GAME) priest. It's not supposed to be easy.

Great news!

Thank you for the update!

Looking forward to testing. Hmm, I just realized I haven't tested via the Steam Client. Is that a thing?

11 minutes ago, Atndy said:

I hope with the changes they nerf prayer gain closer to 70 because turning a 800 hour grind into a 40 hour grind would kill the buzz of a benediction

do you consider 800 hours of grinding a completely useless skill for a single journal goal acceptable

• Like 16
  • Cat 1

Im going to need to buy 10 hours of sleep bonus now to get my prayer skill  1 - 70. THATS A LOT

Edited by hemrzz

4 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

do you consider 800 hours of grinding a completely useless skill for a single journal goal acceptable

1. Reach level 11 meditation path

10 minutes ago, Atndy said:

i've never heard anyone call 70 meditating abilities useless, and if it's taking you 800 hours of meditating to reach 70 meditating you're probably doing something wrong

sorry your bene priest exclusivity got ruined because others didn't have to jump through hoops to grind or something

• Like 8
  • Cat 1

15 minutes ago, Atndy said:

That's a passive grind. 

Do you really not see the problem here?

43 minutes ago, Atndy said:

We would rather ensure that the approach is balanced regardless of when the change is made, just because people in the past had things harder doesn't mean we shouldn't look at improving things in the future. 

• Like 21

can we have 100% meditations ticks as well as easier weaponsmithing too?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

We took the time to look at prayer skillgain as a whole, and have made several changes in order to improve tick frequency and allow for more optimum skillgain.
Previous skillgain being slow was a problem of the difficulty being lower at higher skills, so we've made the following changes:

• Higher Faith increases the chance of gaining Prayer skill.

how much exactly does this impact the skill gain? it would be nice to have at least a rough estimate of action difficulty based on faith

feels like we might have turned around from penalizing priests at high faith to penalizing followers (whom would benefit from the benediction goal, but just aren't priests at the time) unless the difference isnt large

It's way too late to change the prayer grind.

You're absolutely ###### over people who invested time in it already. Not only did they waste time just standing around for no grind, they also missed out on thousands of gems since they had to be low faith to grind. No need to make benediction less special now. Everyone will have it on their priest now. Thought it was supposed to be an endgame grind.

Edited by Joemog
  • Like 2
  • Cat 2

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

We would rather ensure that the approach is balanced regardless of when the change is made, just because people in the past had things harder doesn't mean we shouldn't look at improving things in the future.

It's an MMO game, yea that's kind of things you should keep in mind since anything value and investment-wise is only relative to other players.

Edited by Joemog

Nice change to the prayer, at least people would try grind the skill on their native server.

30 minutes ago, Joemog said:

It's way too late to change the prayer grind.

You're absolutely ###### over people who invested time in it already. Not only did they waste time just standing around for no grind, they also missed out on thousands of gems since they had to be low faith to grind. No need to make benediction less special now. Everyone will have it on their priest now. Thought it was supposed to be an endgame grind.

Just because you rushed out and settled to waste your time on nonsense grind while you could have done more productive stuff doesn't make you special snowflake with a great achievements nor everyone should be forced to go over same nonsense for the journal and +5, so it's a nice change

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Tor said:

Nice change to the prayer, at least people would try grind the skill on their native server.

Just because you rushed out and settled to waste your time on nonsense grind while you could have done more productive stuff doesn't make you special snowflake with a great achievements nor everyone should be forced to go over same nonsense for the journal and +5, so it's a nice change

You're making no arguments only personal attacks

To help you, maybe try to explain why you think this or it adds no value

Edited by Joemog

6 minutes ago, Joemog said:

You're making no arguments only personal attacks

To help you, maybe try to explain why you think this or it adds no value

I am not try to insult you. I just don't see the how it makes sense forcing everyone to do something you describe as a waste of time standing around grinding useless skill even more or another sever. Don't think everyone would have now, but probably more people would consider getting the journal done, encouraged by this change since there is possible not much of a life waste in it. If that would make you feel achieve something less special, then i am sorry for your feelings

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tor said:

I am not try to insult you. I just don't see the how it makes sense forcing everyone to do something you describe as a waste of time standing around grinding useless skill even more or another sever. Don't think everyone would have now, but probably more people would consider getting the journal done, encouraged by this change since there is possible not much of a life waste in it. If that would make you feel achieve something less special, then i am sorry for your feelings

Nobody was forced and it was only a waste of time in the context of them making it easier now. The point of grinding prayer was to get benediction so it makes no sense to call it wasted.

Also nice, keep trying to insult me lol

Edited by Joemog

5 hours ago, Carmichael said:

can we have 100% meditations ticks as well as easier weaponsmithing too?

Please no.

To elaborate a bit: Meditating requires some organization and determination, but is perfect even for determined casuals. It is a slow skill, which is completely justified given the high rewards it offers. Some of the most crucial abilities for some paths like enchant for love and erupt for power are available fairly early.

As to weaponsmithing, yes it is slow. But it also is one of the most rewarding and least frustrating skills. It allows to get to the "sweet spot" of imping very easily, ensuring steady albeit slow progress. Under that respect, it is ways more pleasant than e.g. imping horseshoes and needles in BS (which is worst of BS, being a friendly skill as well otherwise), and even more than the most terrible and adverse of all skills, namely pottery. 

If any skill, after removal of the prayer torture, should be improved, it would be pottery, not under the respect of skill gain which is ok, but under the respect of imping. At the moment, it is close to impossible to reach, even more surpass, the own skill level by quality of improved items. Together with the fast decay of clay items requiring lmc storage, it makes this skill a pain.

Edited by Ekcin
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joemog said:

Nobody was forced and it was only a waste of time in the context of them making it easier now. The point of grinding prayer was to get benediction so it makes no sense to call it wasted.

Also nice, keep trying to insult me lol

You wasn't forced to invest and waste your time neither and you got exactly what you was going for. So it was waste of time for something that not make sense to be called time wasted for?

I am sorry you feel insulted, feel free to report my posts so they gets deleted

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tor said:

You wasn't forced to invest and waste your time neither and you got exactly what you was going for. So it was waste of time for something that not make sense to be called time wasted for?

I am sorry you feel insulted, feel free to report my posts so they gets deleted

If you spend for example 100 hours on something that now is worth 30 hours that's 70 hours wasted only when it's made worth 30 hours.

Let's not jump into insulting each other. 

I understand that some feel their hard work grinding payer under the current circumstances is now lesser in value, but I'm sure we can all agree it was an extreme amount of time spent just for hitting 70. 

Making this aspect less of a bottleneck allows priests to focus on more priest activities and being more productive. 

Unless they shatter everything 

• Like 15