Sign in to follow this  
GhostZephyr

Blank Challenge Question

So, been away for an extended period of time and forgot my password.  I try to reset, but the challenge question is blank.  Searching indicates 'ask a GM in-game for help', but I can't get in game.  The Wurm main page doesn't seem to have a help option on it.  Where do I go to reset my PW?

If your account was created before 2014 or thereabouts, you should be able to type in anything. Just as long as the question field isn't blank, it should work. 

If that doesn't work you can email gamemods@wurmonline.com with info proving ownership of the account.

Good luck! :)

• Like 2

As Neo says, try to type in anything :)

Edited by Scooter
Didn't see Neo had answered.

That is not intuitive, but worked - sort of.

I have two accounts, apparently, using the same email address.  The reset successfully reset the first, older account (which I only used briefly), but I am not sure how to reset the second account (the one I really want back).  The reset only asks for email, not username :(.

FWIW, the desired account was created in 2014, the older account some time before that.

Edited by GhostZephyr

A password reset changes the password on all toons registered to the same email. Try the new password on the one you wanted.

If it doesn't work, it's likely this one was registered on a different email.

I tried the PW for the newer character, but no luck.  It only works for the older.  Tried a second reset and attempted login with the newer toon first, but no luck

The newer toon account has been getting email at this email address as recently as earlier this year, so it should be the correct email.

The old toon has gotten email at this account, as well, but not for a long time prior to this reset.

Edited by GhostZephyr

You made sure to disallow the autofill of the password(just delete whatever is in the passwordslot when you pick the name) and that you typed the name right?

If yes to both, now that you can log in with one toon, feel free to submit a ticket using /support and I'm sure a GM will be able to assist you :)

12 hours ago, neopherus said:

If your account was created before 2014 or thereabouts, you should be able to type in anything. Just as long as the question field isn't blank, it should work. 

If that doesn't work you can email gamemods@wurmonline.com with info proving ownership of the account.

Good luck! :)

It is when question field is blank then you can give any non empty answer. It not related to account creation date specific, around 2014 all question / answers were deleted because of a bug.

Sometimes accounts get left out when requesting password reset, even email is set correct, in that case you need a GM to assist.

I sent an email earlier today to 'gamemods@wurmonline.com' and also opened a support ticket from my older account.  I guess I will wait and see.

Thanks all!

I sent an email earlier today to 'gamemods@wurmonline.com' and also opened a support ticket from my older account.  I guess I will wait and see.

Thanks all!

Edit:  Anyone know of long it takes for someone to typically get back with a response?  I got a notice that my ticket was 'Fwd to GM' a couple days ago, but have not heard anything.  Nor have I gotten anything back from my email :(.

Hello, we have confirmed ownership, reset, and emailed you the new password to the account and updated your ingame ticket to reflect the status of the case.