Sign in to follow this  
Delone

Branded, untamed horse attacked and killed by croc whilst it was being ridden, not in combat

First day out on newly adolescent 5 speed ebony horse branded and geared, not tamed. (on new servers, this was especially painful)

Whilst still on the horse I was planting a lamp, when horse was attacked by a venerable crocodile, no starving tag.

By the time I had worked out what was going on and and attacked the croc and attempted to taunt to gain agro, it had killed the horse.

[17:10:44] Venerable crocodile claws adolescent fat Ladiron '5Sp Ebony(Brisk' very hard in the stomach and harms it.

Have had starving animals and hyenas attack and kill ones that I have been leading before, but have never had one attack a horse I was on unless it was tamed.

Not sure if this is a normal mechanic, or a bug, have never heard of it happening before in the years I have played?

Edited by Delone

has always happened from my experience, the more you hunt the more you come across it

For attacks, the mob could be hungry in the pre starving state. I saw seals attacking sheep which were not in starving state. Rip for your horse.

• Like 1

Been in the game for many years, it's been toned down to the point it's almost non-existent, but if you hunt a lot you'll see it happen plenty of times. Carnivores when hungry (seperate from the starving title they get once they lose too many fat layers) seek out prey to hunt, such as horses.

Lost two horses in my playtime (each time 5 speeders) to this same situation. One was a huge spider that attacked my horse while afk. The 2nd time was a hell scorpius (non starving) that targeted my horse before attacking me. Before I realised what was going on I was dismounted.

I do not like the mechanic to be honest. Game should come with a forewarning that animals may attack your untamed horse.