Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

New Source Springs/Fountains: What is your haul?

Pretty much what what it says in the title.

What are your finds, and was it a fountain or a spring?

Round zero, null, nada.

Edited by Platyna

I keep finding them all over Serenity, perhaps due to my roaming habits and the fact that population is low, at a guess I’d say 5 or 6 so far.

All have been source springs.

Edited by Zenity

I found one on Harmony not far from my deed. I believe it was a Source Spring and it gave 0.02 ml of Source.  After I collected that, it disappeared to respawn somewhere else, of course.

On 1/17/2021 at 2:10 PM, Zenity said:

I keep finding them all over Serenity, perhaps due to my roaming habits and the fact that population is low, at a guess I’d say 5 or 6 so far.

All have been source springs.

Basically the same, just on Desertion.

they're still capped at 0.02 (atleast for all the ones i've found, close to 10) so literally 0 point to hunting them, just do a mission for karma lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

they're still capped at 0.02 (atleast for all the ones i've found, close to 10) so literally 0 point to hunting them, just do a mission for karma lol

That's disheartening...

It was a stupid nerf. It would have sufficed to block any structure building at any corner bordering the tiles around an off deed source spring. Would still have allowed a donut house, but creating 44 walls would have been fairly prohibitive without harming source springs on deed. Existing houses could have been just poofed or set on max decay like ones in perim with the owner off >3 mths. 

Btw. we had a publicly accessible (former on deed) spring for a while. The yield was around 0.01 per day if I observed correctly. Not really exciting but though.

Im going to go look for one just for fun.

Where do you normally find them? woods? steppe? desert?

Do you have to be close to it to see it?

Edited by griper

they just spawn randomly in the world, and you have to be within a few tiles of them for them to render.

Seems like a double nerf then, only the underground source springs/fountains were giving high amounts, the above ground was nerfed years ago to the 0.02 stupidly low amount... and it was suggested back then to make them ramdomly respawn... BUT with the old source amount.

Not found any yet on Melody ..

On Inde found a couple at 0.02 and 0.04 tops .

I have found several since the update and all have been springs  with  .02 or .03, even left one go for a bit to see if it would accumulate more and no it stopped at .03.

Yesterday, while hunting I found 3 Source Springs at the North of Cadence 

Going to bump this, has anyone spotted a source spring with more than a tiny sip in it?

1 hour ago, Etherdrifter said:

Going to bump this, has anyone spotted a source spring with more than a tiny sip in it?

Found 10 or so since the rework, never had more than .04

Two so far, one was right outside my deed :)  got 0.02 from the first one, and 0.03 from the second.

Looks like they will yield much higher when you are extremely lucky and unveil them by hitting out a cave tile. It will even have an event message ("You find a source spring!"), and my one held about 0.3l of source.

• Like 2