Sign in to follow this  
Ogare

Python code food affinity generator

I made a Python script to combine food items and find 138 unique affinity combinations for a breakfast. There are 138 skills so this is all skills. The code is not user friendly. It's easy to use for someone familiar with Python. It does the job I wanted it to do but I thought I'd share it and ask if something like this is useful? I could try and convert it into an easy to use app users could download.

The code outputs a csv file that I did a little more formatting in excel. Here is a picture of final:

I like breakfast because it's a low difficulty food, it's container the pottery bowl holds a lot, it has massive ingredient variety and if I wanted I can add a tomato ketchup to boost complexity. Why did I choose those ingredients? I want food items that come from farming or pottery planters, are small volume and are very common in my bulk bins.
Fried or roasted veggies produce optimal stage and ingredient counts. First, chop or mash the veggies and then fry or roast the veggies. This results in an ingredient that has 2 ingredients and 2 stages (tested with WU) a 2-2. A steamed veggie is a 0-0. The fire roasted veggie is a 1-1. Chopped or mashed are 1-1.

Chopped, minced and then fried meat is a 3-3. There isn't any other way to get that.

The herbs I added to get more affinity possibility as veggies and meat alone didn't cover all 138.
  • Like 2