Sign in to follow this  
alantheman

Tree Quality

So in regards to the quality of trees and sprouts, does the tree take the quality from the sprout and then the higher tree will produce higher quality produce and sprouts. or is it linked to the harvesters skill and the quality of the tool. im basically asking do i need to start a orchard from a high lvl ql sprout base to get the better quality resources out of it? any help and advice would be appreciated.

The quality of the produce is based on your forestry skill. Adding to that a harvesting rune and rare or better sickle also improves the quality, but the most important factor is your skill in forestry. When it comes to cutting trees down, it's based on your woodcutting skill, a bit of axe and RNG, but mostly the skill. Sprouts don't play any part in quality of the tree, only in difficulty in planting them.

Think of it as all trees have a quality of 100, and it has no bearing on quality of fruit/nuts harvested from it.  The woodcutter with an axe comes to cut one down, and it's the woodcutting skill, and the axe generally that determine what quality of fallen tree is produced.  Similiarly, when harvesting fruits and nuts from the orchard it's your own Forestry skill.  There is no 'tree quality' really.  QL of sprout is only about the effectiveness in successfully planting that sprout.

so the higher i am forestry for cutting the trees and harvesting for getting fruits is better, as i am trying to get high quality charcoal pits which produce more the higher QL of the trees going in on average

Woodcutting for cutting down trees. Forestry for higher QL saplings and fruits.

• Like 1