Sign in to follow this  
Shagsangel

Rare Armor not showing

Somehow my rare Studded leather jacket no longer shine on me while wearing it but it used to at some point.  I have everything enabled in my settings including use normal mapping. 

I did more testing on this...someone had suggested yesterday that I trade my armor with Deval and have him try it and his screen as well as mine does not show it glowing rare so it's not my pc the issue it's the game itself...(I restarted the game a few times yesterday and restarted my pc as well and since Deval was not on deed I couldn't test to see if it was the PC or the game.)  

Someone had suggested to drop it on the ground make sure it glows which it obviously did...and to ensure it IS rare
[09:13:25] A fine leather jacket strengthened with metal studs. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. It could be improved with some leather.

Hope this helps...

• Like 1

Check to make sure GLSL is set to CORE in "compatibility". You can only change this in the launcher

Edited by zethreal

It is set to CORE...it used to shine for a while and randomly stopped even when Shagsdeval puts it on it won't shine on him either not on his screen and not on my screen so it's not my PC the issue.

Just to add, my rare studded has never glowed on wear, either (it does when dropped). I made it about September 2020. I just assumed it was because I’m on Mac and none of the nice new graphics work for me due to the OpenGL issues affecting things like signs and water etc. I’ll check the glsl setting next time I log on and report if that makes a difference.

I forgot to add if I have the shadow's on I can't see my rare studded jacket shine when wearing it but if it's turned off I can see it shine while I am wearing it...

i have the same prob with my rare breast plate doesnt shine when equip only on drops. GLSL is set to core and shadow is off already but same .

Edited by miladyjen

**UPDATE**

Problem Solved by going into profile setting in the launcher:

GSLS is set to Core

VBO is set to Core (was previously Extension)

FBO is set to Core

That makes it so I can now see my jacket rare again.