Sign in to follow this  
Ipurgepeople

New Server, won't boot, MULTIPLE problems [SOLVED]

Alright. I just got my shiny new linux server up and running and it's running Ubuntu Server, and I thought all was golden, just install Wurm Unlimited server files, setup configs and go.

3 days noticeable hair loss and a mess from a meltdown later, my server will not run.

I have tried two separate guides, and even this... LinuxGSM thing? Each way of doing it has its own share of seemingly unfixable problems, and I am at my wits end here.

The closest I got was that I was getting Steam Authentication Failures, but even when I fixed SteamCMD (FOUR DIFFERENT WAYS!) it still would not Authenticate. I can connect to other servers, I, and friends, cannot connect to mine. That meltdown I mentioned? I did a complete wipe of that install and tried out the LinuxGSM thing, and that was a bust too, it's spitting out Java GUI errors... this thing is headless, I suspect I can't even use that service on this machine.

So here I am. Utterly, and hopelessly defeated and asking for help. My only experience with Linux is how to navigate directories, everything else I've literally googled every single step of the way. My Goolefu got me this far, but has failed me in the end.

How the bloody hell do you get this thing running on a headless server where GUI does not exist? It seems completely impossible no matter what way I attempt to tackle this. I have a dozen people waiting for me to open this server up (was supposed to launch today), and I just have run out of ideas and options.

The quick and easy stuff:
Yes I turned it off and back on again. Dozens of times in the hopes that it would maybe NOT throw an error and let me on once, so I knew I was on the right track. Never happened.
Yes the ports are forwarded.

All of the prerequisites except the Java JFX whatever, which apparently doesn't exist, are properly installed, and were properly installed for each of the installation attempts.

Yes, everything was up to date. SteamCMD, server files, OS... Everything except my dating profiles.

FIRST: here's what I tried:

• The guide on Wurmpedia (can't even install the java library, so that barely got off the ground). Completely useless - but the list of command line arguments was immensely helpful as a comparison while I was working with the second one.
  • JonsJava's guide on derpycloud. This is the one that got me all the steam issues - the server itself seemed to be running, but I could not see it in server browser, and no connections were accepted no matter what I did. This is where I had my meltdown and wiped this whole installation.
  • LinuxGSM Wurm Server - This was a neat little thing, complete with pretty ASCII art that reminded me of messing around on the internet in the late 90s. Has Java GUI issues I can't seem to acquire a fix for (cuz java 8 is.... impossible now?). This is my current setup, but I can wipe this again if needed.

I manually dug up 4 separate steamCMD issues and manually fixed them all (the LinuxGSM just casually fixed them all in about 5 seconds that took me 6 hours to almost fix). But even that didn't help. For some strange reason it was telling me port 7221 was a problem, but it absolutely should have not been involved in any part of this process. I even temporarily forwarded the port in my router in a last ditch effort to get it to work, which failed.

I don't know where to go from here. What started as a fun project has quickly become detrimental to my health. I quickly setup a server on my Windows PC in 5 minutes and it was fine - but that defeats the purpose of my server; so I don't have to run the thing on my main rig!

This is the current error message I'm dealing with (LinuxGSM install):

Starting
Logs found: 0
SteamAppId set.
/home/wurmserver/serverfiles
Runtime path: /home/wurmserver/serverfiles/runtime/jre1.8.0_172/lib/amd64/server/libjvm.so
Working Directory: /home/wurmserver/serverfiles
Number of options: 7
Create java VM!
Jan 12, 2021 11:55:54 PM com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiMain main
INFO: WurmServerGuiMain starting
Graphics Device initialization failed for :  es2, sw
Error initializing QuantumRenderer: no suitable pipeline found
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error initializing QuantumRenderer: no suitable pipeline found
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumRenderer.getInstance(QuantumRenderer.java:280)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.init(QuantumToolkit.java:221)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.Toolkit.getToolkit(Toolkit.java:248)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.startup(PlatformImpl.java:209)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.startToolkit(LauncherImpl.java:675)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication1(LauncherImpl.java:695)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication$154(LauncherImpl.java:182)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error initializing QuantumRenderer: no suitable pipeline found
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumRenderer$PipelineRunnable.init(QuantumRenderer.java:94)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumRenderer$PipelineRunnable.run(QuantumRenderer.java:124)
        ... 1 more

JFX seems to be mentioned several places, but appears to have been scrubbed from the internet entirely as far as I can tell, since I can't find the thing. SEE EDIT2 BELOW FOR FIX!

But here's the errors I was dealing with when I tried connecting via JonsJava's derpycloud guide:

[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
dlopen failed trying to load:
steamclient.so
with error:
steamclient.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to locate a running instance of Steam, or a local steamclient.so.
[07:35:58 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.steam.SteamHandler: Could not start server
Could not start server
[07:35:58 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.deities.DbRitual: Finished loading 0 RiteEvents, which took 0.09484 millis.
[07:35:58 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.deities.DbRitual: Finished loading 0 Ritual claims, which took 0.024115 millis.
[07:35:58 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: End of game server initialisation
[07:35:58 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.items.CreationEntryCreator: Initialising the CreationEntries took 6.192904 millis.
Incoming RMI is disabled

Which led to me spending 6 hours trying to fix steam. Eventually I "fixed" it enough to get the service running finally, and it ultimately made no difference. Here's the report from the Service Status:

● wurm.service - Wurm Unlimited Server
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/wurm.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
     Active: active (running) since Tue 2021-01-12 19:55:04 UTC; 31min ago
   Main PID: 937 (start_server.sh)
      Tasks: 62 (limit: 76967)
     Memory: 917.6M
     CGroup: /system.slice/wurm.service
             ├─937 /bin/bash /home/purge/games/wurm/start_server.sh
             └─957 ./WurmServerLauncher-patched ADMINPWD=correct EPICSETTINGS=false EXTERNALPORT=3724 HOMESERVER=true HOMEKINGDOM=2 LOGINSERVER=true MAXPLAYERS=20 QUERYPORT=27028 SERVERNAME=Purges Wurm Ranch SERVERPASSWORD=correct>

Jan 12 20:20:08 goat-server start_server.sh[957]: [08:20:08 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: current mem in use: 884M free mem: 560M Max mem: 2010M
Jan 12 20:20:08 goat-server start_server.sh[957]: player count: 0
Jan 12 20:20:08 goat-server start_server.sh[957]: bytes in: 0 bytes out: 0 total in: 0 total out: 0
Jan 12 20:20:08 goat-server start_server.sh[957]: Server uptime: 1500 seconds. Unanswered questions:0
Jan 12 20:25:08 goat-server start_server.sh[957]: [08:25:08 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: current mem in use: 886M free mem: 579M Max mem: 2010M
Jan 12 20:25:08 goat-server start_server.sh[957]: player count: 0
Jan 12 20:25:08 goat-server start_server.sh[957]: bytes in: 0 bytes out: 0 total in: 0 total out: 0
Jan 12 20:25:08 goat-server start_server.sh[957]: Server uptime: 1800 seconds. Unanswered questions:0
Jan 12 20:25:53 goat-server start_server.sh[957]: [08:25:53 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.communication.SocketServer: Accepted player connection: Socket[addr=/192.168.1.254,port=3724,localport=3724]
Jan 12 20:25:53 goat-server start_server.sh[957]: [08:25:53 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.LoginHandler: Steam could not authenticate the user

I don't mind doing JonJava's method again if I have to (now that I did it once, I know how to do it again, shouldn't take a day to do this time!), if you guys can fix me up to make it work.

Thanks for taking the time to read this chaotic mess, my stress level should pretty much be indicated by this post.

EDIT: immediately following this post a buddy of mine convinced me, begrudgingly to attempt to download java again. And this time it existed. So, perhaps there's hope yet. I'll report back if anything else changes (still not working).

EDIT2: Well, turns out a rift opened in time and space and I was shown mercy because that Java install fixed everything. A quick permissions edit and the server finally booted. Now to properly mod the thing and I can get this thing started.

Even though it turned out I didn't need any help from here, I hope that what I went through will at least serve to help those who come after me. If sudo apt-get install openjdk-8-jre  doesn't work the first 30 times, KEEP TRYING. Eventually it will work. What might have finally done it for me was logging out of EVERYTHING, and ending my ssh session. With a brand new session it worked for some reason. Using LinuxGSM as instructed plus the above apt-get (and proper user perms) will get you going if you're stuck. Happy Grinding!

Edited by Ipurgepeople
EDIT2; solved my own problem.. heh.
  • Like 1

Well, back again. So I modded the server, ran patcher.sh and switched out launch for launcher-patched - thoguht I was clever and it should work - till it didn't.

So this is spitting out errors I can't even begin to decipher. Hopefully one of you can point me in the right direction:

Create java VM!
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: ModLoader version v0.32.1-fb7b686
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Game version 1.9.1.5
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods/DiscordRelay.properties
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods/SinduskLibrary.properties
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods/servermap/servermap.jar!/META-INF/org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader/servermap.properties
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods/servermap.config
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods/scriptrunner/scriptrunner.jar!/META-INF/org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader/scriptrunner.properties
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods/scriptrunner.config
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods/cropmod/cropmod.jar!/META-INF/org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader/cropmod.properties
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods/cropmod.config
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods/harvesthelper/harvesthelper.jar!/META-INF/org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader/harvesthelper.properties
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods/harvesthelper.config
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods/spellmod/spellmod.jar!/META-INF/org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader/spellmod.properties
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods/spellmod.config
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods/serverpacks/serverpacks.jar!/META-INF/org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader/serverpacks.properties
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods/hitchingpost/hitchingpost.jar!/META-INF/org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader/hitchingpost.properties
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods/httpserver/httpserver.jar!/META-INF/org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader/httpserver.properties
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods/httpserver.config
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods/inbreedwarning/inbreedwarning.jar!/META-INF/org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader/inbreedwarning.properties
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods/bagofholding/bagofholding.jar!/META-INF/org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader/bagofholding.properties
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods/bagofholding.config
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods/announcer/announcer.jar!/META-INF/org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader/announcer.properties
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods/announcer.config
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods/creatureagemod/creatureagemod.jar!/META-INF/org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader/creatureagemod.properties
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods/creatureagemod.config
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModInstanceBuilder: Classpath: [mods/DiscordRelay/DiscordRelay.jar, mods/DiscordRelay/libs/JDA-3.3.0_260-withDependencies.jar]
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModInstanceBuilder: Classpath: [mods/SinduskLibrary/SinduskLibrary.jar]
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading org.nyxcode.wurm.discordrelay.DiscordRelay as DiscordRelay (unversioned)
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading mod.sin.lib.SinduskLibrary as SinduskLibrary (unversioned)
[12:54:23 AM] INFO mod.sin.lib.ArmourAssist: Initializing Armour Maps.
[12:54:23 AM] INFO mod.sin.lib.SkillAssist: Initializing Skill Maps.
[12:54:23 AM] INFO mod.sin.lib.WoundAssist: Initializing Wound Maps.
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.callbacks.Callbacks: Adding callback modcomm to class com.wurmonline.server.intra.IntraServerConnection for  org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modcomm.intra.ModIntraServerHandler with methods [__cb_Proxy_modcomm_0.handle(com.wurmonline.server.intra.IntraServerConnection,java.nio.ByteBuffer)]
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.callbacks.Callbacks: Adding callback modPlayerTransfer to class com.wurmonline.server.intra.PlayerTransfer for  org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modcomm.intra.playertransfer.ModPlayerTransfer with methods [__cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_1.willItemLeaveServer(int,com.wurmonline.server.items.Item,boolean), __cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_1.getRemoteItemTemplateId(int), __cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_1.setTargetServer(int), __cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_1.resetTargetServer(), __cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_1.updateServerStatus(com.wurmonline.server.ServerEntry,boolean)]
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.callbacks.Callbacks: Adding callback modPlayerTransfer to class com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Communicator for  org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modcomm.intra.playertransfer.ModPlayerTransfer with methods [__cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_2.willItemLeaveServer(int,com.wurmonline.server.items.Item,boolean), __cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_2.getRemoteItemTemplateId(int), __cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_2.setTargetServer(int), __cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_2.resetTargetServer(), __cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_2.updateServerStatus(com.wurmonline.server.ServerEntry,boolean)]
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.callbacks.Callbacks: Adding callback modPlayerTransfer to class com.wurmonline.server.questions.MailSendConfirmQuestion for  org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modcomm.intra.playertransfer.ModPlayerTransfer with methods [__cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_3.willItemLeaveServer(int,com.wurmonline.server.items.Item,boolean), __cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_3.getRemoteItemTemplateId(int), __cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_3.setTargetServer(int), __cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_3.resetTargetServer(), __cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_3.updateServerStatus(com.wurmonline.server.ServerEntry,boolean)]
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.callbacks.Callbacks: Adding callback modPlayerTransfer to class com.wurmonline.server.questions.MailSendQuestion for  org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modcomm.intra.playertransfer.ModPlayerTransfer with methods [__cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_4.willItemLeaveServer(int,com.wurmonline.server.items.Item,boolean), __cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_4.getRemoteItemTemplateId(int), __cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_4.setTargetServer(int), __cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_4.resetTargetServer(), __cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_4.updateServerStatus(com.wurmonline.server.ServerEntry,boolean)]
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.callbacks.Callbacks: Adding callback modPlayerTransfer to class com.wurmonline.server.questions.PortalQuestion for  org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modcomm.intra.playertransfer.ModPlayerTransfer with methods [__cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_5.willItemLeaveServer(int,com.wurmonline.server.items.Item,boolean), __cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_5.getRemoteItemTemplateId(int), __cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_5.setTargetServer(int), __cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_5.resetTargetServer(), __cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_5.updateServerStatus(com.wurmonline.server.ServerEntry,boolean)]
[12:54:23 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.callbacks.Callbacks: Adding callback modPlayerTransfer to class com.wurmonline.server.ServerEntry for  org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modcomm.intra.playertransfer.ModPlayerTransfer with methods [__cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_6.willItemLeaveServer(int,com.wurmonline.server.items.Item,boolean), __cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_6.getRemoteItemTemplateId(int), __cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_6.setTargetServer(int), __cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_6.resetTargetServer(), __cb_Proxy_modPlayerTransfer_6.updateServerStatus(com.wurmonline.server.ServerEntry,boolean)]
[12:54:23 AM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher: javassist.NotFoundException: createPlayerData(..) is not found in com.wurmonline.server.intra.PlayerTransfer
org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookException: javassist.NotFoundException: createPlayerData(..) is not found in com.wurmonline.server.intra.PlayerTransfer
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modcomm.intra.playertransfer.ModPlayerTransfer.initClassHooks(ModPlayerTransfer.java:226)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modcomm.intra.playertransfer.ModPlayerTransfer.<init>(ModPlayerTransfer.java:48)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modcomm.intra.playertransfer.ModPlayerTransfer.getInstance(ModPlayerTransfer.java:340)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modcomm.intra.playertransfer.ModPlayerTransfer.init(ModPlayerTransfer.java:349)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modcomm.intra.ModIntraServer.init(ModIntraServer.java:63)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader.modcommInit(ModLoader.java:18)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared.loadModsFromModDir(ModLoaderShared.java:161)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher.main(DelegatedLauncher.java:20)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
        at javassist.Loader.run(Loader.java:288)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.ServerLauncher.main(ServerLauncher.java:33)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at PatchedLauncher.main(PatchedLauncher.java:20)
Caused by: javassist.NotFoundException: createPlayerData(..) is not found in com.wurmonline.server.intra.PlayerTransfer
        at javassist.CtClassType.getMethod(CtClassType.java:1169)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modcomm.intra.playertransfer.ModPlayerTransfer.initClassHooks(ModPlayerTransfer.java:167)
        ... 18 more

org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookException: javassist.NotFoundException: createPlayerData(..) is not found in com.wurmonline.server.intra.PlayerTransfer
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modcomm.intra.playertransfer.ModPlayerTransfer.initClassHooks(ModPlayerTransfer.java:226)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modcomm.intra.playertransfer.ModPlayerTransfer.<init>(ModPlayerTransfer.java:48)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modcomm.intra.playertransfer.ModPlayerTransfer.getInstance(ModPlayerTransfer.java:340)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modcomm.intra.playertransfer.ModPlayerTransfer.init(ModPlayerTransfer.java:349)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modcomm.intra.ModIntraServer.init(ModIntraServer.java:63)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader.modcommInit(ModLoader.java:18)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared.loadModsFromModDir(ModLoaderShared.java:161)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher.main(DelegatedLauncher.java:20)
        at javassist.Loader.run(Loader.java:288)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.ServerLauncher.main(ServerLauncher.java:33)
        at PatchedLauncher.main(PatchedLauncher.java:20)
Caused by: javassist.NotFoundException: createPlayerData(..) is not found in com.wurmonline.server.intra.PlayerTransfer
        at javassist.CtClassType.getMethod(CtClassType.java:1169)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modcomm.intra.playertransfer.ModPlayerTransfer.initClassHooks(ModPlayerTransfer.java:167)
        ... 18 more

Only thing I think I understand is something's wrong with the patched launcher.  I did this before and the patched launcher worked fine, I don't understand what I could have done wrong.

I briefly launched the thing yesterday as a vanilla server, had a buddy connect to ensure it worked, then quickly shut it down. NOw I've attempted to add in the mods and launch it, and this has happened. That about sums it up. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I checked and made sure it wasn't an issue with the way i'm launching it. WurmServerLauncher-patched is properly being launched. I also replaced the Adventure folder just in case that was causing strange things (since I launched as a vanilla server first), and i'm still getting the exact same error. So I suspect it truly is something wrong with the Launcher that occurred when I ran ./patcher.sh for some reason.

Edited by Ipurgepeople
EDIT

Looks like a version mismatch.

Make sure you have the latest mod loader version and the latest wu server version.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sklo:D said:

Looks like a version mismatch.

Make sure you have the latest mod loader version and the latest wu server version.

Ah.... finally the Purge Element entered into the process... yeah I forgot to adjust the version number when I grabbed it. Thanks a bunch Sklo

Edited by Ipurgepeople
I haven't had my caffeine yet...