Sign in to follow this  
Wyndolm

Remove Character Limit per Email Address

The character limit per email address is currently set to 5. That should be removed and once it's removed the character owners should be given a one time option to put all characters on one address. An option would be to let the character limit in place for non-premium characters (that have never been premium!) so that it is not possible to create an army of non paying characters. Could actually reduce the number of freebies to 1 or 2 per email address because the free game should only be used as demo to learn to know how it works and whether you want to play it.

This limit is just good to annoy paying people.

Edited by Wyndolm
  • Like 2

You can use the same email account by adding a + and text. For example, if your email is "wyndolm@gmail.com" you can do "wyndolm+wurmacct@gmail.com" and sign up for endless accounts with 1 email address.

Edited by IllusiveEn

2 hours ago, IllusiveEn said:

You can use the same email account by adding a + and text. For example, if your email is "wyndolm@gmail.com" you can do "wyndolm+wurmacct@gmail.com" and sign up for endless accounts with 1 email address.

Which either 1) is an exploit or 2) shows that the restriction is outdated and unnecessary. 

I’ve not dug through t&c’s to see what it might say, but my guess is it’s completely ok to use different email addresses to have more than five, so it must be 2. (Though correct me if I’m wrong.)

Why make people jump through hoops to have more than 5 toons? Not everyone uses an email provider that supports aliases, or, if they do, know that they can. Seems an unnecessary restriction if you’re allowed to bypass it.

I’m curious - does this restriction apply to Steam accounts? If not, even that’s evidence it should be dropped.

Edited by Calan

With Hotmail you can link multiple emails to one account and everything will go to your inbox, or junk mail....

Considering the fact that there is no limit for the players coming in via steam this seems very reasonable, making us that use several mail adresses now more like the steam 1 id users.

Would save heaps of mails for the mass mails also!

8 hours ago, Calan said:

Which either 1) is an exploit or 2) shows that the restriction is outdated and unnecessary. 

I'm not against the change, I was just giving a solution that would work right now while you wait.

I haven't looked into the terms and conditions either to know if its allowed but I will tell you I've been using this in online gaming for years without issues.

This is just a basic email feature that works with any site/game your signing up for. 

Edited by IllusiveEn

+1 to this! I have characters on both SFI and NFI, mains and priest alts and a few other alts that I've used for various things over the years. At this point they are spread out over 2-3 email addresses. It's incredibly aggravating to keep up with which characters are on which addresses.