Sign in to follow this  
SweetSerenade

Make Vynora's mend spell give repairing skill

I have been thinking about suggesting this for a while, Fo's heals give healing skill because they supplement healing (I presume other gods do too though not sure) to me it seems as though it would be only consistent to similarly allow priests of Vynora to raise their repair skill through spells which do the same thing Eg, perform an action that a player could do without a spell.

Similarly as a secondary suggestion I would love to see repair skill affect the durability loss of mend allowing the spell to be useful at all stages of the game because as of right now high repair skill will result in less durability loss than casting the spell itself.

I think these changes would help Vynora become encouraged more at rifts and other difficult fights which require significant damage to weapons and armor as currently Vynora priests lack many of the powerful buffing or healing spells which every other god gets to use in combat and as a result are very much the stay at home priest which gets picked over any other priest for basically anything fighting related.

Edited by SweetSerenade

10 hours ago, SweetSerenade said:

Fo's heals give healing skill because they supplement healing

they give channeling, i've never heard of them giving healing skill

10 hours ago, SweetSerenade said:

as of right now high repair skill will result in less durability loss than casting the spell itself.

If you're like, 90+ repairing sure, and even with higher diff things like scale/plate/chain armor mend will be better than repairing even at those levels. For example, with a pickaxe it takes 92 repairing for repairing to be more effective than mending, mends already absurdly powerful as it is, as well as being able to fix things repair can't, i don't think it needs buffs. It's already equivalent/better than 90 repairing for the large majority of items in the game, and that's comparing to a 1 channelling priest as it doesn't even use spell power or anything.

1 hour ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

It's already equivalent/better than 90 repairing for the large majority of items in the game, and that's comparing to a 1 channelling priest as it doesn't even use spell power or anything.

Perhaps theirs merit to take the secondary suggestion into account then and give the spell a calculation which is based off not only the repairing skill, but channeling as well?