Sign in to follow this  
Zuelatak

Rift Separation of Cadence/Melody

So, the people in charge have made it very clear they will NOT be fixing this current overlap of rifts that was not caused naturally. This means it falls onto us, the community, to work together and fix it. 

I've seen too many posts about "It'll happen eventually just give it a year" and it could literally be next week if we really wanted. 

Lets do the Cadence rift on time and then give Melody one day, so we have Cadence on the 16th, Melody the 17th, and Harmony the 18th. We just need some people on Melody to put up signs around the rift location stating to wait until the 15th and maybe some alts in local on the 14th telling people not to finish the rift. If it doesn't work then nothing changes, but at least we tried

If we really do come together to fix this problem immediately then we could also push Melody to the 20th so that the rifts are separated by 2 days and after Harmony we aren't waiting another 7 days.

The ~150 player Cadence rift and ~15 player Melody rift took the same amount of time, but with everyone on the Cadence rift being able to score WAY MORE rewards. #1 on Cadence had 821 points, and #1 on Melody got 244. The only argument I see for the overlap is that the ~15 player rift had a lot less lag, but I don't think that's a good argument for the ~150 people to miss out and for the ~15 to gain less rewards when it took the same amount of time. Also, one would hope the devs might look into having the servers run smoother during these rifts. 

Please spread the word, and try to make this work.

Edited by Zuelatak
  • Like 7
  • Cat 1

I love this idea, it would now give people the option to do 3 rifts a week instead of 2. And seeing as you need to do 100 that would make it about 33 weeks to complete instead of 50. Thats a huge time saver.

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

You already double posted. Now on your stream you are discussing whether or not to triple post and at what level you want people to spam chat about this. It's one thing to offer up a suggestion, it's another to try and manipulate people and exploit chat to your satisfaction. I wonder if you are familiar with actual issues that people have been waiting years to get fixed while you are preparing your people to spam multiple chat channels "over the next 6 days" as part of a campaign to get what you demand... right now. 

Edited by Whane

This is a pretty good idea. I have alliance members who are in different time zones and would like to attend a rift event but cant because of the timing.

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

3 minutes ago, Whane said:

You already double posted. Now on your stream you are discussing whether or not to triple post and at what level you want people to spam chat about this. It's one thing to offer up a suggestion, it's another to try and manipulate people and exploit chat to your satisfaction. I wonder if you are familiar with actual issues that people have been waiting years to get fixed while you are preparing your people to spam multiple chat channels "over the next 6 days" as part of a campaign to get what you demand... right now. 

The reason I double posted is because AFAIK there isn't a place to advertise to all of JUST NFI and since this is an issue with both Cadence and Melody I put it in both of those forums. As for the triple post it was a simple ponder on my stream because technically Harmony is also involved and I wanted to make sure they were aware. If you were listening to the 2nd half of what I said on my stream I said I was joking about the spam. I just want people to be aware of the thread. I don't understand how I've done any manipulation or exploitation as all I'm doing is advertising this post. Beyond that it's everyone's choice if they want to partake and spread the word. 

• Cat 1

Overlap of rifts is a good thing not bad ..  I think its a good thing ppl cant go to all 3 rifts.

2 hours ago, Tigerclaw said:

Overlap of rifts is a good thing not bad ..  I think its a good thing ppl cant go to all 3 rifts.

Why do you think so?
My personal point in that post :

was so if we have more diverse rift timing then more people have chanses to participate, cos in Wurm we have lots of people with different time zones.

And the more rifts spread over time, the better it will be for the community in general, especially now while people are still actively playing.

• Like 1

Going to all 3 of them to me means you don't have a life just me. maybe worries about other things then "oh no i cant go to all 3 rifts this week" Like maybe how am i going to lose all this body fat form setting around just playing rifts all week be hide my comp. Thats why i think its a bad thing

28 minutes ago, Tigerclaw said:

Going to all 3 of them to me means you don't have a life just me. maybe worries about other things then "oh no i cant go to all 3 rifts this week" Like maybe how am i going to lose all this body fat form setting around just playing rifts all week be hide my comp. Thats why i think its a bad thing

Its fair point. I guess it will sit in my head like "you gotta catch them all"  too =))

But in 1 rift cycle those Melody/Cadence rifts will be in my sleep time and it will be more convenient if they spread in days, so it will be more chance to catch some of them and have normal sleep.

Edited by HolyPower

I know what you guys are saying, its hard to get to the rifts on my server at the times they have for it.so i jump and go to the other ones on other servers. But when you try and stop ppl form going to a rifts and put up signs around the rift location stating to wait until the 15th  and its open this is going to start some unwanted attention. a lot of ppl will till you to go fuk yourself alot ppl don't like being told what they can and cant do when its open to do so.

1 hour ago, Tigerclaw said:

I know what you guys are saying, its hard to get to the rifts on my server at the times they have for it.so i jump and go to the other ones on other servers. But when you try and stop ppl form going to a rifts and put up signs around the rift location stating to wait until the 15th  and its open this is going to start some unwanted attention. a lot of ppl will till you to go fuk yourself alot ppl don't like being told what they can and cant do when its open to do so.

Totally understandable. I expect there to be at least some hate in this, but that isn't going to stop me from trying to fix a problem that won't fix itself for a long time. 

• Like 1

Will that's just it, you are the one who thinks its a problem the other 90% of us don't think so.

90%? I mean, he's not alone in this. I know it's not 'cool' to care about a game, but for people who are unavailable on that date and do care about wurm, it'd be nice to have separated rifts :)

Edited by Maxismo
  • Like 1

Thy or separated rifts .

Estimated Start Time

2021-01-19 08:08 AM

2021-01-17 11:54 AM

2021-01-17 11:32 AM

Oh sorry there 2 of them with the same start time oh no what or we going to do ..

put up signs around the rift location stop the rift oh no..  what a joke.

1 minute ago, Tigerclaw said:

put up signs around the rift location stop the rift oh no..  what a joke.

The signs are to make people aware of what we're trying to do. The stopping of the rift comes purely from the decisions of the people. If we succeeded and changed it so they weren't at the same time would you have a problem? If so, could you explain how?

The problem would be if i show up at a rift to play it at the time its set i have the lot of whoever out there saying No you cant do it were waiting a few days to start the rift. signs around the rift location stop the rift. then i my have a problem with that yes because i dont want ppl saying i cant do the rift because they want the rift's to not line up or whatever.. othere then that i give 2 fuk about it.

8 minutes ago, Tigerclaw said:

The problem would be if i show up at a rift to play it at the time its set i have the lot of whoever out there saying No you cant do it were waiting a few days to start the rift. signs around the rift location stop the rift. then i my have a problem with that yes because i dont want ppl saying i cant do the rift because they want the rift's to not line up or whatever.. othere then that i give 2 fuk about it.

Understandable. Unfortunately I don't have an answer to being told you can't do the rift. I can only suggest that if you want to do a rift at that time you do the Cadence one. I'll even give you a ride over there if you need and anyone else who needs it. You won't be told not to do it if you don't go to it. 

Right hey i know what why don't you go to Melody on the 14th telling people not to finish the rift and just set around for a day lets see how it goes for you good luck.

40 minutes ago, Tigerclaw said:

Right hey i know what why don't you go to Melody on the 14th telling people not to finish the rift and just set around for a day lets see how it goes for you good luck.

I still haven't decided, but I think I'm going to be at the Cadence rift unfortunately. But thanks for the luck!

just lmaoing at how aggressive bearclaws is being over the fact that some people want to cooperate in the social game of wurm

But he raises a good point; you're asking people to ignore an event for an amount of time, during which someone else can come along and complete it, resulting in the players trying to cooperate receiving nothing. 

It'd be nice, but I doubt it'll be orchestrated by players or even devs. Just let it happen naturally as it has in the past, no need to stir up drama over this. Especially considering how ###### rifts are to begin with

Edited by Jore

1 hour ago, Jore said:

resulting in the players trying to cooperate receiving nothing.

players trying to cooperate will receive much more rewards for closing rift on Cadence at exactly same time... One rift on Cadence with 150 people it's like whole month of rifts on Melody with 15 peoples in terms of rewards.

And we have awesome healers on Cadence, come to our rift! 😃

Edited by HolyPower

35 minutes ago, HolyPower said:

players trying to cooperate will receive much more rewards for closing rift on Cadence at exactly same time... One rift on Cadence with 150 people it's like whole month of rifts on Melody with 15 peoples in terms of rewards.

And we have awesome healers on Cadence, come to our rift! 😃

I'm aware of how the award system works. Some may feel more rift points isn't worth the extra time spent traveling. 

Point being made is, there's more factors than just "moar stuff." 

Things will spread out naturally with time, eventually allowing you to attend your 3 rifts a week. While I agree it is unfortunate that they're on the exact same times right now, it is intended and based on past responses, nothing will be done about it by the devs. Asking fellow players to take more time out of their play just to speed up something that will already happen is a bit 'eh, in my eyes.