Sign in to follow this  
Nomadikhan

Since rune changes I get less ql then rare pick gives?

90.08 mining

[19:01:50] A bronze rune of Libila has been attached, so it will gather resources at a higher quality level (10%)

83.xx ql rare pickaxe

[19:01:37] You would mine zinc ore here.

[19:01:37] It is of utmost quality.

Since the patch with the rune "nerf" as I'm hearing it, I don't even get 91.08ql ore as I should with the 1ql bump from rarity, the highest I can mine this utmost vein is 90.71ql.  Before the patch I was getting 96.xx ql 

Is this bugged or am I missing something, a little info or help would be appreciated if someone can fill me in :)

past a certain point the effect of rarity lowers, it's normal to not get the full +1.00 QL boost

you do get the +1.00QL at lower ql mined shards.. but at some point at high QL shards.. that effect fades and drops below +1.00ql..  -  it's rarity 'issue', which is not related to the rune

For example at ql98.x mined shards, a supreme pickaxe gives ~+0.40 ql boost only, not +3.0ql 

the ql you can mine now is capped at your mining skill   +some boost from the rarity   +imbue(if you have any);

get used to mine trash ql -5-10 ql below what you used to mine before the nerf as the boost of the rune alone used to give up to ~+9QL (based on vein's QL)

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 1

Thanks for the explanation... it's been a year or more since I've mined much, due to having thousands on hand.   I guess it's been changed for a while and I never noticed XD.  I never recalled the rarity part scaling before, odd, but I guess it is what it is.

• Like 1

It literally just happened in the past 1-2 weeks, you can review the last 2-3 posts with news and patch notes and find all about it