Sign in to follow this  
Pyro

Hellgate [0.5xSkill, 2xTimers, no clay, no veins]

Welcome to Hellgate! 

Tired of Servers with fast skillgains and timers under a second?

Are you seeking a new Challange for 2021?

Bored because of Lockdowns?

Look no further and join Hellgate today!

map: 

pHpkJ0P.jpg

Server Stats:

0.5 Skillgain

2.0 Action Timers

Farmticks every 23 hours

Deeds are free to create (with 1s in coffins) but have double upkeep and double the payout for templars

Starter Gear: 5ql leather set, 5ql longsword, 10ql tent, 1ql steel and flint, 30ql mallet

No Metal or Rock Veins (rummaging for iron, collapses for everything else)

No Clay, Peat or Tar on map (need to transmute your own tiles)

Characteristics start at 10

Skills start at 1

Priests: Vanilla

mods currently:

Add Kingdom Items

Archeo tweaks

Archery

building skill mod (x4)

craftable pauldrons

cropmod (crops do rot, but increased harvest by +1)

DUSKombat

inbreedwarning (might be removed, not sure about this one)

milkreset (23hours, GMlvl 0 - /milk)

more craftables (only epic structures enabled)

skillmod (2x meditating, 3x weaponsmithing)

Starter Gear

Tabard Mod

taxidermy

timerfix

upkeepcosts (double upkeep, double pay for templars)

mods of interest (will ask active players before adding any;)):

Survival mod (if i ever get it to run the way i want it)

anything else that makes the server harder 

mods that wont be added:

anything to make the server easier, e.g.: anything to make priests easier/better, dig to ground, one tile mining, ...

Edited by Pyro
added mods info
  • Like 2

It's been a very long time since I played Unlimited, but this I'm going to try out :D

edit: Didn't think about those problems for creating transmutation liquid. And waiting for the right collapse of a tile (times 2) seems a bit weird to me..
You could always put veins in your server, but very very very few 😉 

Edited by Taranis

On 1/8/2021 at 3:36 PM, Pyro said:

No Clay, Peat or Tar on map (need to transmute your own tiles)

Transmuting a clay tile is impossible without tin lumps, which are impossible with no metal veins. So basically never any forges.

I did get up to making iron tools at a campfire but it sounds like there is not a lot farther beyond that you can go. And with no source of iron beyond rummaging, even at a campfire you can only improve tools, weapons, armor a very small amount.  (Besides which, transmuting a clay tile even under perfect conditions like fast server, clay jars, tons of apples etc is such a horrific PITA that I swore I would never do it again).

So much bare rock face is great for rummaging bits of iron rock but that, plus the exceptionally jagged terrain and very thin dirt, is going to make  terraforming a decent deed quite a pain also. And 10 body strength severely limits what you can carry. I think there was some sort of bug making body characteristics really hard to raise without a mod but i can recall the details there. Anyway long long time till anyone will ride a horse or drive a cart. 

I like the basic idea of a challenging PVE server, although it has been done before. I always love seeing new ones though. Anyway I'll continue to poke around a bit more and set up a deed and all, but do not see much future here. I am curious to see how far I might go if I depend mostly on wood spears and leather armors, and very minimal use of iron. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

Transmuting a clay tile is impossible without tin lumps, which are impossible with no metal veins.

youll need a tile to collapse into a tin vein, but you will also need silver or gold for a statuette to bless the liquid...and a small pottery amphora. :D

1 hour ago, Pyro said:

youll need a tile to collapse into a tin vein, but you will also need silver or gold for a statuette to bless the liquid...and a small pottery amphora. :D

Ok I guess I am missing something, since you are making it sound "difficult but quite possible".  Even if one mines out thousands of mine tunnels hoping some will by sheer chance happen to collapse into BOTH tin AND silver/gold veins, which are usually like 0.01% chance, , how does one make a small pottery amphora to make the clay tile used to make the small pottery amphora?

I would assume you have to grind out Arch to get fragments for them, assuming that is avaliable

• Like 2

Yeah apparently that is it, thanks.

I am still not wild about transmuting clay tiles under such adverse conditions ... i hated it the one time I did it on an easier server. 

But we will give it a week for starters and see how it goes \o/

what mine layout do you think has the highest chance of generating collapses?

heres my try 

collapse-Layout001.jpg