Sign in to follow this  
Scooter

Epic - Uniques.

Due to the lack of population on Epic, Uniques have begun to torment the lands, and are becoming a large, near unkillable plague.

So I just suggest perhaps making them about 15% easier to kill on Epic, to compensate for the low population, which as it is makes organising a slaying a bit harder.

In addition it could also perhaps include a 5% extra hide / scale drop, due to the fact that slayings don't happen often at all, infact they are more of a rarity.

• Like 3

I'd second this suggestion. I have the perspecrive not of Serenity but of Desertion where for the past 3 years, damage has been done to my deed and other deeds to the point where we cannot even roam the map in peace.

I can't believe the owners are "selling" epic to new players, a place where if a newbie starts the game, he'll find a unique in a few days that will ruin his existence or his deed.

We tried penning them to secure them from breaking and wrecking deeds yet the Wurm code is janky at best and they always manage to pop out and roam the map in search of new deeds to bash.

Please either nerf the bastards, make them 100% static, as in they don't move at all more than 5 tiles from their spot or do something about it.

Or as usual, ignore Epic like the f**** black sheep it's been treated for years as usual.

We can't kill any of them without asking people from freedom to help and many when they pop over find out they belong to other kingdoms.

On and heaven forbid we manage to actually kill one, because the next one that spawns might be another Champion Kyklops or Champion Forest Giant (we have that on Desertion)  which take 25+ 90 Fight skill accounts to bring down + priests to keep the group alive.

Not apologising for the rant or the vitriolic nature of my words since I have posted it in the past and it's been ignored, like a lot of things.

And suggestions like "Ask freedom for help" already underline the issue that Epic is a place devoid of players (it is ) which shows that one cluster can't even fend for itself.

Edited by elentari

Yeah the Champion Kyklops we have over here is relentless too, it wanders the ENTIRE map, and I doubt it's ever going to be stopped.

It found me yesterday shortly before wurm hit me with a memory leak, so I logged back in to the fella throwing me around and stomping on me.

Numbers just aren't what they used to be and something needs to be done to help the remnants of the population that ARE left.

At this rate our only hope would be for each Kingdom to work together to slay each other's uniques, but that's never gonna happen - HotS will just take the opportunity to slaughter us while we are caught off-guard.

13 minutes ago, Scooter said:

At this rate our only hope would be for each Kingdom to work together to slay each other's uniques, but that's never gonna happen - HotS will just take the opportunity to slaughter us while we are caught off-guard.

I resent that remark.

• Like 3

Uniques might be impossible to kill with very few people, but you can lock one up very easily with two people.

24 minutes ago, John said:

Uniques might be impossible to kill with very few people, but you can lock one up very easily with two people.

We have. Doesn't work for all. 

We've penned the champ forest giant about 5 times now? in mines , collapsed the entrance ,dropped dirt everywhere.  Didn't work. Eventually it simply popped out of the mine on ground level and resumed its trail of havoc. 

2 hours ago, Amaluna said:

I resent that remark.

I'm mainly talking about Deskjet if I'm honest 😜

• Like 1

I would happily send forces from Freedom to assist. Myself, I am MR though (while my priest alts are JK ;) ) but would not mind a conversion.

I think the amount of fun and adventure Epic can offer to Freedomers is extremely underestimated. What I might need is either some time to gear myself up (my modest skills, beefed up by the curve, should suffice to some extent), or a generous Epic veteran to spend some gear. But I would love to kill a rift, as well as a couple of uniques and Valrei monsters.

And tbh, while not really eager (I fear my PvP times are over prior to Wurm) I would not mind faction clashes as long as they do not disrupt activities to purge Epic from too cocky uniques and Valrei monsters.

Edit: And kicking Deskjet's butt would be fun.

Edited by Ekcin

On 1/8/2021 at 8:38 AM, AustinS said:

orrrrr remove epic

this but unironically

sorry but supporting a server with a population in its teens is a futile effort

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RainRain said:

[removing Epic]

this but unironically
sorry but supporting a server with a population in its teens is a futile effort

I do not follow that, and somewhat, it does not follow.

Yes, the core population of the Epic cluster is dramatically down, and still dropping, and closing the cluster, or uniting the home servers to a Chaos cluster or whatever would be a way to shut the chapter.

But: Over the years I read again and again pleas for a hunting server. And here we have a number of servers with crowds of wild creatures, not few of outstanding strength and unique powers like valrei monsters. To hunt them can be an adventure not possible on any of the established PvE clusters. So why destroy what exists then cry again for hunting servers? Seems illogical to me.

Only thing would be to allow some skill transfer back to the servers participants come from (should also be possible to admit NFI to Epic). It could be a raw measure at the beginning, just taking real gain (not curve), and lowering it by, say a factor of 0.90 to 0.75 * (skillgain), to make up for faster timer. The results could be observed and where necessary, revised.

From my observation, the enthusiasm over Jackal dwindled fast once it became clear than skill retransfer did not work. Without some skill gain retransfer expeditions to Epic from Freedom would appear "useless" to many.

• Like 1

Bump

There are countless uniques all across the lands of Serenity and likely the other islands as well. We've tried maiming a few but without 12 people in great gear with great skills, we just can't kill them. I understand they're "unique" for a reason and require a team coming together to slay them with bountiful loot to boot. If nothing else, just remove their ability to bash ondeed walls. There's a champ kyklops with a wicked range on Serenity. It roams hundreds of tiles daily and multiple deeds have had problems with it bashing deed fences down. Just give us a sign that you almighty devs are listening to Epic players.

We're still here, trying to make it work :) also giving you money all the while 😛 

You have to many and we on Xan don't seem to have enough uniques. A solution could be to base unique spawn rates on player populations on each server. The more players the more spawns and the less players the less spawns thus insuring the server player population can handle the uniques.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 10:11 AM, rangerklypf said:

Just give us a sign that you almighty devs are listening to Epic players.

< Insert bitter laugh here > 

• Like 1