Sign in to follow this  
Spacy

Must see places

Was wondering if anybody has some must see locations here on Xan.  My deed is a definite work in process, so next year perhaps.  But, I have seen many an abandoned deed that I find worthy to stop and take a look at.  

Abandoned deeds, active deeds, natural wonders, etc.  

• Cat 1

Yes, Eden Harbour at H23. Staggeringly beautiful deed. One of the first deeds on Xanadu

• Like 1

Yeah, New Eden Harbour, like Ayuna says, is really lovely. In that area is also Seriphina's Lorewood Gardens, a really nice deed. And I'd say that seeing The Fortress at G17/18 is worth the trip. Also the White Castle/Black Castle complex at I26 has some really interesting features and buildings. If it's still standing, Aske's bridge in the lower left corner of F21 is unbelievable, just beware of traveling on it, as I've had a horse fall through the cracks and died trying to retrieve it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaletheGood said:

Yeah, New Eden Harbour, like Ayuna says, is really lovely. In that area is also Seriphina's Lorewood Gardens, a really nice deed. And I'd say that seeing The Fortress at G17/18 is worth the trip. Also the White Castle/Black Castle complex at I26 has some really interesting features and buildings. If it's still standing, Aske's bridge in the lower left corner of F21 is unbelievable, just beware of traveling on it, as I've had a horse fall through the cracks and died trying to retrieve it.

I keep trying to form an Aske Fan Club but it doesn't seem to be happening...

Ya, New Market is one of the deeds I got some inspiration from for Syndicate (my deed).

Lorewood Gardens I have passed by many times, never actually stopped and looked.  Will have to do so soon.

White/Black castle I pass by all the time.  Very good.  Good owner also.

Fortress - thanks, will look it up

Zenthea Market - will probably look it up as I sail to the Fortress

Thanks all!  More appreciated

On 1/7/2021 at 10:27 PM, DaletheGood said:

Aske's bridge, and the route over the mountain are well worth seeing, sad to hear that it is crumbling away. It would have been well worth turning north once you get over to the west side of the mountains and travel over the mountains to see the bridges over the pass that the Ageless Tunnel goes beneath (E20). The zigzags of the old path still exist alongside the bridges, and make an interesting diversion when returning south.

• Like 2

Lorewood gardens, well worth the visit.  It was very foggy and nighttime while I visited so no screen shots, and Seriphina unfortunately was either not on or not at home.  But, very nice!

• Like 1

Hi Spacy :)  Sorry I missed you when you stopped by. If you find yourself back in my neck of the woods I'll gladly give you a tour around my place.

• Like 1

Thule at night

Edited by Spacy
  • Like 1

Grrr, having forum foo issues... sorry, will get the pics up as soon as I can figure out what I am doing wrong.

Spacy, when you use an Imgur link, right click and select 'open image in new tab.' That will give a .jpeg at the end. If you copy that link into the forum post, it will embed the photo. 

• Like 3

Spoiler

HSaQ9JW.jpg

Thule at Night

p.s. Thanks Bakhita!

Edited by Spacy
  • Like 2

Spoiler

K3VozvL.jpg

Spoiler

X7LQqCI.jpg

Spoiler

K3IErE5.jpg

The Fortress

p.s.  Not a photographer or screen shot person typically.  Ya, should have turned off 3rd person, checked the lighting, etc.  If I do a few more I will try to remember.

• Like 2

Spoiler

fAfS0L3.jpg

View from the entrance to Isengard.  As I came up to the gate, the 2 trolls and snake made the fact that the gate is locked ... interesting.  Killed 1 troll then retreated, sicked the guards on the other on my way out.  Looks like a very nice deed, from the little I saw of it.

• Like 2

Spoiler

C3Uo21L.jpg

Spoiler

4JBjuWV.jpg

Spoiler

jeqS2xw.jpg

Spoiler

wrNWJIf.jpg

Spoiler

L9Azt0c.jpg

Spoiler

pJxrDRX.jpg

Spoiler

12JZgut.jpg

Spoiler

hCTwWWy.jpg

Spoiler

Kx1liTu.jpg

Zenithia Market.  Pics don't do it justice.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Spacy said:
  Hide contents

HSaQ9JW.jpg

Thule at Night

p.s. Thanks Bakhita!

:D that's my deed!!

Edited by brattygirl
  • Like 4

These places are awesome! I hope to have a deed that compares someday.

kappa and its undercity Q15 ish area...huge underground city and hug city above ground also.

And sometimes the great fall.

This was St. Absy's House of Madness, on the deed Kalaheo Village (I think - gone before my time I am afraid).  

The deed itself was nice.  This structure, though, is probably one of the most impressive I have ever seen.  I made a special trip to go back, as it was starting to decay when I first found it.  Now, 2 months later,  this building is about to disappear as well. 2 months from now, I doubt there will be anything left except the 8 obelisks that were inside.  

I got there just as night fell, and so my pictures are kinda dark, sorry.  

Spoiler

rMinvVr.jpg

Spoiler

OQXq1J1.jpg

Spoiler

Qx1DiWn.jpg

Spoiler

NFsLfyY.jpg

Spoiler

Lagf97j.jpg

This last one shows what I am guessing was a maze.  Someone who visited back in the day could probably verify.  My guess is that the gates that made up the various "walls" all rotted away, and it left a field of 200 or so pillars (with a couple obelisks as well, that I am guessing were entrance and end points).  

So much that I am not able to show, the underground system is huge (a rival to Kappa), except it doesn't appear to have ever been finished.  There are many ground level terraces that have connections though 2 tile wide tunnels, all of which are reinforced and where appropriate had bridges to handle drop shafts.  The harbor (with a half finished Corbitta if anybody wants to finish it) is amazing.  Very little was clad, though, so it just looks like raw stone.  If you can imagine it finished it would truly be an impressive work.  

They even did an amazing job with pavements.  I learned a lot from just looking at what they did.  To the people of Kalaheo Village and St. Absy's, a salute.  

• Like 1

Sunrise Bay Market.

OK, there is no amazing architecture, nothing in the way of landscaping that will be a WOW.  In terms of a market, about the only thing I saw for sale were halter ropes.... But, if you are into collectables, this is the place to see.  I think I saw one of every wagon and tall banner there.  I was in a rush, so just a few quick snaps and on my way.  

Spoiler

twqvXIZ.jpg

Spoiler

tFAsweF.jpg

Spoiler

3m70X5q.jpg

Spoiler

LDD9x7H.jpg

House of Gunn

Didn't stop, but the scale of what they have done from sailing by as you exit the canal is real nice.  

Spoiler

Q9rDg3B.jpg

• Like 1

I regret to say that I lost my notes for the name of this deed.  I didn't stop, but was impressed by the scale, and by the obelisk on top of the lighthouse.  Didn't realize this could even be done.

Spoiler

HSRNLAH.jpg

Spoiler

zWUxykX.jpg

• Like 2