Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 05/JAN/21

Recommended Posts

PatchNotes-1.jpg
  • New: Moonmetal can now be purchased in the Marks store on Northern Freedom Isles servers.
    • This does not include Defiance
  • Change: Changed Marks-purchased moonmetal quality to 80 quality
  • Bugfix: Healing in inactive rift area will no longer increase participation points
  • Bugfix: Fixed mining products being able to be gathered above 100 quality on Epic servers.
    • Instances of this issue will be retroactively fixed back to 100 quality

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Change: Changed Marks-purchased moonmetal quality to 80 quality

Is this change to both the NFI and SFI servers? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, brattygirl said:

Is this change to both the NFI and SFI servers? 

Yes, it affects all servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Healing in inactive rift area is incredibly valuable service to the entire rift operation though.  A lot of folks can't patch up well enough to get back into the fight and need those heals.  I'd like to see that bit of the patch reversed.  All heals in or out of the designated rift zone are so greatly appreciated.  What isn't appreciated is the scoring system that rewards tagging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Change: Changed Marks-purchased moonmetal quality to 80 quality

 

So if I understand correctly, for the few hours that people were able to purchase moonmetal with Marks, they got 99ql metals. Since then, people have been buying up and hording these same 99ql metals. But now you limit all future moonmetal purchased with marks to 80ql. Once again allowing the influx of items into the game, that you did not intend, but happened anyway, and your fix is to leave those in the game but remove the ability of others of getting the same quality item. Thus once again creating an unbalanced situation between those that were able to take advantage of the mistake that lasted a few hours and those that did not. 

 

We all could see what happened when the moonmetals were put into the NFI servers on launch, and the prices demanded from those lumps and items crafted from them, because of a mistake. Now the same thing happened again, but I think even worse this time, because now you have people with 90+ skill that will want access to those 99ql lumps, with very little chance to gain access to 99ql moonmetal from any other source.

 

Edited by gnomegates
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

Healing in inactive rift area is incredibly valuable service to the entire rift operation though.  A lot of folks can't patch up well enough to get back into the fight and need those heals.  I'd like to see that bit of the patch reversed.  All heals in or out of the designated rift zone are so greatly appreciated.  What isn't appreciated is the scoring system that rewards tagging.

This fixed getting participation points for healing in the area of a rift that has not started yet, it will not affect healing during an ongoing rift.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gnomegates said:

 

So if I understand correctly, for the few hours that people were able to purchase moonmetal with Marks, they got 99ql metals. Since then, people have been buying up and hording these same 99ql metals. But now you limit all future moonmetal purchased with marks to 80ql. Once again allowing the influx of items into the game, that you did not intend, but happened anyway, and your fix is to leave those in the game but remove the ability of others of getting the same quality item. Thus once again creating an unbalanced situation between those that were able to take advantage of the mistake that lasted a few hours and those that did not. 

 

We all could see what happened when the moonmetals were put into the NFI servers on launch, and the prices demanded from those lumps and items crafted from them, because of a mistake. Now the same thing happened again, but I think even worse this time, because now you have people with 90+ skill that will want access to those 99ql lumps, with very little chance to gain access to 99ql moonmetal from any other source.

 

except as has been stated millions if times, there was barely any mm purchased at that time. Not only that but for a majority of cases there is nearly zero difference between an 80q tool and 99q (and of the cases where jt does matter, it being a moonmetal doesn’t matter)

 

Weapon quality gets applied to multiple curves meaning that there is hardly any difference between a 70q weapon and 99q weapon. Armor quality is the same. Tools don’t need to be moonmetal and are often better off not being them; the best use cases being like, anvils and such.

 

Everything you’re crying about has little to no impact on the game on the wider scale, even IF hundreds of kg’s of moonmetal were bought and hoarded, which there wasn’t. The only impact it has is allowing the hoarders to benefit off the poor decisions of people who decide to buy moonmetals off others at high quality for some reason; which considering how much the rest of the game fals into that sort of economic practice, is hardly a problem.

 

Now, what *is* dumb at all is that you can spend real life money to buy a rare resource in a game *at all*, despite it being hilariously cost inefficient, and that you can more consistently get it in high quality by spending money instead of by doing the ingame event thats supposed to reward people with it.

 

Nerf moonmetals further from marks- have the quality be randomized between 1-75q but have it grant more than what it currently grants (1kg iirc), and make kt cost less marks. Make rifts reward more and more consistently get higher quality from rifts.

 

This way you can have players focus on participating in the ingame event meant for this stuff to get high quality goods, and if they need more bulk for creation they can spend some marks for that instead of wasting valuable imping metal.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does LT and ED heal ticks from weapons count toward healing points or just priest spells and first aid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only priest spells.

 

First aid doesn't give points, which is just silly really!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well i can guess why first aid does not give points because then ppl will just show up get hit once go back and heal and the rift will progress too slow.

 

But i think the best compromise would be to give heals from LT and ED points because they only come from hitting a hostile mob while giving first aid heals around 10-15% skill points in comparison just so that people will get some points for healing themselves but not make it more worth than to actually fight the mobs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, this is another nail in the Rift coffiin.  I swear, I could hear that little kid from the Simpsons quote when I saw this. 

"Stop, stop!  He's already dead."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2021 at 10:54 AM, Etherdrifter said:

Only priest spells.

 

First aid doesn't give points, which is just silly really!

it's silly to give points for only healing, especially for cotton healing  you'll HAPPILY run into lava/ice aoe areas and get 40 TINY wounds, than run back and use high ql cotton +woa/botd... once you get the ~40 points  you'll run in for more.. that helps nobody, but your reward in the end..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I wonder a bit, are all those speculations about cheating on and in rifts. Personally, I have rarely if ever been the one with most points, and never really strove for. Since the introduction of rift points I have paid bit more attention than before, mainly meaning that I always cared for scoring "phenomenal", meaning more than 61 kills, mostly around or over 100, and in result some >200<300 rift points. Sometimes I reach 120, but not so much more or so often. During rifts, I much more care for the tactical situation, wiping the mobs as fast as possible, removing packs of dogs, or jackals attacking other players from behind, and of course cover my ass and retreat when hurt too hard. And I did cotton firstaid at others several times. But all those "smart tactics", for what?

 

Most outstanding results in points I observed were with priests legitimately healing, LoF and SoL in particular, and sometimes AoE spells (I do not love them tbh, as they ring alarm for enemy AoE, but are ofc legitimate and sometimes useful). Maybe I was ignorant and naive all times but I never saw people cheating with points. May have happend, but so what.

 

Someone running in and out to get hurt and healed is a somewhat bizarre scenario. I do not see it happen, at least not often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ekcin said:

What I wonder a bit, are all those speculations about cheating on and in rifts. Personally, I have rarely if ever been the one with most points, and never really strove for. Since the introduction of rift points I have paid bit more attention than before, mainly meaning that I always cared for scoring "phenomenal", meaning more than 61 kills, mostly around or over 100, and in result some >200<300 rift points. Sometimes I reach 120, but not so much more or so often. During rifts, I much more care for the tactical situation, wiping the mobs as fast as possible, removing packs of dogs, or jackals attacking other players from behind, and of course cover my ass and retreat when hurt too hard. And I did cotton firstaid at others several times. But all those "smart tactics", for what?

 

Most outstanding results in points I observed were with priests legitimately healing, LoF and SoL in particular, and sometimes AoE spells (I do not love them tbh, as they ring alarm for enemy AoE, but are ofc legitimate and sometimes useful). Maybe I was ignorant and naive all times but I never saw people cheating with points. May have happend, but so what.

 

Someone running in and out to get hurt and healed is a somewhat bizarre scenario. I do not see it happen, at least not often.

So legitimately nobody deserves to get good score, only healing priests deserve to be on top of rift scoreboards in your eyes?

 

Since the start of rifts.. the faulty system of tagging have been created.. and it's still used.. it was reported to not be good measure, but nobody came up with a better replacement and it was tweaked.. but it's deeply rooted into the rift system rewarding..

 

Than we got the nerf to priest healing as normally abnormally high result that one can get is ~150-250 points at best maybe... vs 1500/+ on a healing priest.. which is now not the case.. but still easier to reach past maximum possible for non priest accounts.

 

There must be some points for participation and all kinds of it.. but with some measure. This might sound easy.. but the game is far from balanced when it comes to fighting.. you'll see various gear used by the players.. allowing some to output way higher

 

dps/heals or tanking.. giving any of that a bonus just lets same names to show up on top on every rift, which is also not so good(or balanced), right?

 

What do we do than.. just be glad you're not a wurm developer to have to solve the equation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Zahnweh said:

Well, this is another nail in the Rift coffiin.  I swear, I could hear that little kid from the Simpsons quote when I saw this. 

"Stop, stop!  He's already dead."

 To clarify, this was stopping getting participation points for casting heal on players When the rift had not opened yet

 

 Healing inside active rifts remains the same, it's just stopped the bug giving points before the rift even opened

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this