Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Summon Soul - make it not cast if name is wrong

I did a summon and accidentally mistyped again.  I do that frequently, especially when switching keyboards.  The spell doesn't care, it spends all the favor and then tells you how much of a dummy you are after.  I would like to ask for one of two things:

Preferred option: Just tell you that name is wrong and not cast at all.

Alternate option: Make it like other failed casts, where it only uses a smaller portion of favor from the fail.  20% I think?

(is it already doing this alternate option? Not 100% sure, as I am not completely sure how full my battery was when I fail-casted it)

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 3

What should it do if the name is wrong but that name exists?   I get it sucks, but short of a second confirmation dialong window I don't see how this would know what wrong is outside of a name that doesn't exist.

Maybe if the summons isn't accepted it doesn't use your favor?

I agree here. Make it either as a failed cast or not drain favor at all if its not accepted within 5 minutes.

Also, i always copy name from chat tab both when summoning, sending mail and other actions where name is required, such as permissions. Ive sent mail to the wrong person more than once in the past - because of this ive actually never summoned a false name or wrong player. Just a neat tip that people dont always think about. :)

Edited by Nordlys

that is great advice.  I've been doing that with mail, because that could be a big financial screw up to get wrong.  The summons are usually my own alts and I "should" be able to spell my own names correctly right?  Nope.

• Like 1