Sign in to follow this  
Ekcin

Same question as every year 😎

Map dumps, when?

Β 

Please note that this may even be of more significance for NFI as these are the first map dumps ever. Thank you.

• Like 4

Good timing! We'll be sharing some details soon, but at this point the decision is it's too early for releasing the NFI map dumps, so it will be SFI + Epic only this release

So glad I finished fixing the island on and forΒ  Pristine :)Β Β Β  They're welcome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Good timing! We'll be sharing some details soon, but at this point the decision is it's too early for releasing the NFI map dumps, so it will be SFI + Epic only this release

While you're not releasing NFI dumps, when the time comes for them would there be any chance dumps were taken of the original maps; before they were opened to players?Β 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jore said:

While you're not releasing NFI dumps, when the time comes for them would there be any chance dumps were taken of the original maps; before they were opened to players?Β 

We could potentially share those as well! I'd have to check if we have the correct formatsΒ 

• Like 1

What makes it too early? Most maps were released with a dump

• Like 1

What exactly makes it too soon?

Please don't just answer "because" but let us know the reasoning.

3 minutes ago, Cecci said:

What exactly makes it too soon?

Please don't just answer "because" but let us know the reasoning.

We will find out that there is land to build on

so its too bad they forgot to take of sign from turtorial, not to go to harmoneyΒ  and melodyΒ Β :)Β 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Maiya said:

so its too bad they forgot to take of sign from turtorial, not to go to harmoneyΒ  and melodyΒ Β :)Β 

The sign was removed several updates ago.Β 

I never understood why there isn't an automated mapdump every month or so.

37 minutes ago, Sklo:D said:

I never understood why there isn't an automated mapdump every month or so.

As I understand, they need to remove all "icky" QR codes and other inappropriate features one could be sued for :P

Β 

But I am also very curious, why is it too soon for NFI? I would love to see what has been done there...

If it's because of Defiance, then just exlude it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Retrograde said:

The sign was removed several updates ago.Β 

yah time fly when you have fun :)

but not that fast, it was theΒ 2020-12-29 we talked on GL about that sign. So its a week today.

But Im happy to hear that its taken away now :)

Β 

Spoiler

Logging started 2020-12-29
[14:39:44] <Dessie> Rizi have "you" taken off warning sign on turtorial to not choose Melody ???
[14:39:52] <Retrograde> It;'s not rizi's spot
[14:40:00] <Retrograde> Plus we need to look at more than just server pop
[14:40:07] <Retrograde> Deed density is a large reason that warning exists
[14:40:18] <Retrograde> we don;t want more negative reviews cos people walked for five minutes and couldnt find land
[14:40:49] <Dessie> so that sign will stay up on turtorial for both harmoney and melody then?
[14:41:11] <Rizi> Dessie - I'll be getting some density map dumps done this week to guide the decision.
[14:41:22] <Dessie> ty very much ......

Β 

• Like 3

On 1/5/2021 at 9:22 AM, Retrograde said:

the decision is it's too early for releasing the NFI map dumps

Β 

Day 1 would have been too early, arguably.Β  End of week 1, maybe.Β  End of month 1, where are they already?

On 1/5/2021 at 11:03 AM, Shmeric said:

As I understand, they need to remove all "icky" QR codes and other inappropriate features one could be sued for :P

Β 

But I am also very curious, why is it too soon for NFI? I would love to see what has been done there...

If it's because of Defiance, then just exlude it.

Β 

there are things like that on maps, look on:

http://wurmonlinemaps.com/xanaduΒ  3780, 2050

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kgorski said:

Β 

there are things like that on maps, look on:

http://wurmonlinemaps.com/xanaduΒ  3780, 2050

Β 

It is impossible to spot every qr code or bad sign on so many maps by hand. Best would be to have an automated updating map and as player report bad stuff it is removed in-gameΒ 

Did we get a map dump I just asked for an update to a location and it said 2020 so not sure.Β  Please let us know thanksΒ  :)

13 hours ago, puncher said:

Did we get a map dump I just asked for an update to a location and it said 2020 so not sure.Β  Please let us know thanksΒ  :)

Puncher, the Xanadu community map has not been updated yet with the new 2021 maps as the person who made the map and hosts it on his server has had a major addition to his family recently and has not had the time to load the new maps. It will eventually get done. You can go ahead and download the new maps for your own enjoyment but it will of course not show deeds, tunnels, etc. but it will show the terrain as of roughly January 2, 2021

On 3/7/2021 at 8:59 AM, DaletheGood said:

Puncher, the Xanadu community map has not been updated yet with the new 2021 maps as the person who made the map and hosts it on his server has had a major addition to his family recently and has not had the time to load the new maps. It will eventually get done. You can go ahead and download the new maps for your own enjoyment but it will of course not show deeds, tunnels, etc. but it will show the terrain as of roughly January 2, 2021

Ok not trying to stress anybody out and appreciate the hard work on the map.Β  Just excited lol

Good question has been lots of chsnges NE xanadu be nice to see it relected on official maps