Sign in to follow this  
Heimdall01

I need help, I'm new to the kitchen

How can I cook the rice, I need to know from how to measure the portions to have it cooked.

As far as portions go, for vegetables and grains like rice it'll always be one item = one portion.

Then you come to the recipes that call for liquid, like water, to be added to that and that's where it gets more complicated.  Craft a clay measuring jug with your hand activated and clay, then and fire that into a pottery measuring jug to use for measuring amounts of liquids.

As a test, put (1) rice into (1) pottery bowl and then put some water in.  Right click on the bowl and select 'Lore'.   That'll tell you if that combo of ingrediants will produce a recipe.  Most likely you'll get something along these lines:

[14:29:25] The ingredients in the pottery bowl would make some cooked rice when cooked, but...
[14:29:25] Too much water, looks like it should use between 80 and 120 grams.
[14:29:25] Current difficulty:10.

Basically use the pottery measuring jug to add/remove water to fit what it recommends.  When you have the amount of water within the correct range (between 80 and 120 grams) it'll say:

[14:33:45] You carefully adjust the measuring jug volume by utilising a small wheel on the bottom and set it to 100g.  <-- setting the pottery measuring jug to 100 grams

-- I then fill the pottery measuring jug with water, which now holds exactly 100 grams

-- I then pour that 100 grams of water into the pottery bowl that has the 1 rice in it

-- right click on the pottery bowl with the rice and water in it again, and it shows:

[14:33:54] The ingredients in the pottery bowl would make some cooked rice when cooked in a cooker.
[14:33:54] Current difficulty:10.

That's it! Then you just cook that pottery bowl with the ingrediants that were added into it ( 1 rice and the 100 grams of water ) in either a campfire or oven (oven is best) and you'll have your cooked rice!

Good luck and I hope what I wrote helps.  The key is measuring the liquid in a pottery measuring jug to put in the amount of liquid ingrediant that Lore showed it should have.