Sign in to follow this  
Ayuna

What was the most amazing or surprising thing you discovered while traveling?

this plus 5 uniques & a few valrei mobs chasing us all over the map, epic is fun

Spoiler

UbXt8MB.jpg

I had to spend a night bugged at the top of the bridges, looking down was terrifying

• Like 9

I stumbled upon the deed of a very well known Wurmian... known to help anyone that asks and for his specialized high QL wares. I was amazed by his deed because it was extremely frugal, small, simple,  remote, and unassuming. Essentially a small cabin in the woods with a small fenced-in yard. I know this doesn't sound epic, but I was still amazed.

• Like 7
  • Cat 1

I think that most amazing or suprising thing I discovered while travelling was @Beastwolfdealing with bees

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Votip said:

I think that most amazing or suprising thing I discovered while travelling was @Beastwolfdealing with bees

They can communicate? What, what... how does he deal with them?? Could you explain? 

I have many lists of great events while travelling, but the one that takes the case as 'most surprising' is on a trip through north Deli - through a highway cut through a mountain - that was no longer a path - the entire thing was caved in by Enki testing some sort of command. It was like someone had toppled the entire mountain down into the cave in the few short days I was gone. Up until @Gawainbrought Enki to fix it - I had just assumed the entire mountain fell in on itself. Gawain and I had to fight off a few trolls and hell scorps too as we mined (well, he mined, i afk'd) into it. 

Most of my surprises are from long ago..

When they first added sheep

When they added bridges

The first 'treasures' I found (700 bricks?! YUS!)

My first in-game experience with multistory housing

My very first experience with Wurm at all, where I found a horse and immediately attacked it in the woods....

wurm.20130111.0034.jpg

Edited by Stargrace
adding more stuff yo
  • Like 4

On 1/4/2021 at 2:25 AM, AlmostSolitude2 said:

this plus 5 uniques & a few valrei mobs chasing us all over the map, epic is fun

Yeah most of mine were on Desertion where I saw unique Valrei terraforming events.

For those unfamiliar with them, with the old system when a god won on valrei (libila for example) she could force a random terraforming event on enemy server, whether Serenity, Desertion or Elevation.

I think the coolest ones happened on Desertion, but might be just my bias or lack of knowledge for not fully exploring serenity or old Elevation.

Those mountains in the middle of Desertion are an example. The peaks were created by an event.

I saw other craters or meteors hitting through my playtime, if you run around the Desertion starter town you can find "Scars" in the land where they happened.

Sadly I didn't record myself when I witnessed a terraforming event happening in N. Desertion in the steppe. But I can describe it as a "white light slowly going over the land, modifying slopes to varing degrees of severity". You can find 2 sets of scars in N. Desertion in the steppe. One very old one, predating bridges that sheared the ground to water level.

Another less serious one that made a sort of trench in the steppe.

Sadly I also saw some unfortunate valrei events hitting player deeds. I 'll look through my old archives and see if I can find some screenshots, but some deeds were completely submerged afterwards and completely flat. Hard to find pics nowadays about them. Maybe google is censoring more results than usual.

It was a real shame but also one of the great risks living on Epic in the old days.

Edited by elentari
  • Like 1

I once heard a wagon noise and thought it was a player, so I went to the PC to see what is happening (I was "semi-afk"). I was pleasently surprised to see a wagoner travelling on the hwy, and was surprised to find out that they actually travel when they have to do a delivery, and it's not a simply a matter of a timer going on until the goods reach the destination.

The most amazing thing was the game itself. Had a few false starts before, when there were no animations, no armor models, only single storey houses etc. When I came back for another try like 7 years ago on Serenity, was amazed on how far the game has improved, and remained a player ever since.

• Like 4

On 1/3/2021 at 5:16 PM, Platyna said:

This:

OTbo08r.png

Freaking amazing. What happened next? I want every detail

On 1/5/2021 at 12:24 AM, Stargrace said:

Most of my surprises are from long ago..

When they first added sheep

When they added bridges

The first 'treasures' I found (700 bricks?! YUS!)

My first in-game experience with multistory housing

My very first experience with Wurm at all, where I found a horse and immediately attacked it in the woods....

wurm.20130111.0034.jpg

I appreciate player blogs like yours. Adds another dimension to the experience

Of all the things that have taken my breath away, seeing my first Wurmrise from the starting area on Jackal was certainly one of them.

pnMQ0OY.png

• Like 8

Pfft, post pics of Strongwall, it's still the most amazing thing on Desertion , player made . The place looks dope.

1 hour ago, elentari said:

Pfft, post pics of Strongwall, it's still the most amazing thing on Desertion , player made . The place looks dope.

AlmostSolitude2 already did in third post. : )

3 hours ago, Wilczan said:

AlmostSolitude2 already did in third post. : )

Sorry I meant the view from "up there" amongst the eagles. 

Found these buoys in a lake.  I noticed they had names of towns on them.  I thought they had to be some kind of weird joke.  There was no way I wasn't going to try and see if they worked though. They did.  It was a bit of a journey to go back and get my ship but was worth it

.75CQIIu.png

• Like 3

Just had to throw in a couple more screenshots. :)  Well, I imagine everyone has a rainbow shot, but this one about blinded me at my old deed. (I'm still learning how to take screenshots, so plz forgive my mistakes)

Uy1oayx.jpg%20

This is from the old Wonderland Alliance deed I visited July 14, 2020.  The colossus and tower are rare and they still had old signs up designating the workstations for it's members, everything else was long gone.  I thought it was rather sad but beautiful as well.

FFiG2cV.png

• Like 4

On 1/5/2021 at 12:24 AM, Stargrace said:

You certainly documented your start within these Wurm lands very specifically in detail for posterity within your website journal. Excellent! All I have are vague memories of running up hillsides and tumbling down due to lack of stamina, which was quite a frustrating surprise to me since within Active Worlds I could fly around everywhere while doing building tasks. Then too I remembering discovering a small wooden house hidden in the woods at the end of some cobbled path, which filled me with wonderment of what more there might be to discover.

=Ayes=  

• Cat 1

wurm-20140625-1359.jpg

Back in 2014, quite a few years ago now, I found this place.

I've lived there ever since.

• Like 2

Oh my this thread could lead me into the wurmhole of looking through old screenshots :D

I will resist, but one of those memorable things for me, and I suspect for most newbies, is the first times you see someone turned into an illusion by a yellow potion or a hit from a GM wand. Older players are now well used to seeing all sorts of these, like dragons, baby unicorns and even boats on horseback at events, but in the early days it was always a bit of a confusing thing :)

One of my early encounters with a friend who liked to imbibe yellow potions

GVICrFi.jpg

Simply riding through starter town, wrong place wrong time, I got turned into something by a sea serpent, which I was totally freaked out by (think this was Astarte but maybe another guilty gm :D )

NLl2t9y.jpg

• Like 6

Ran into this cool place. The surface mining is like nothing I've seen before. I forgot what server I was on. Anyone know? I would love to go back and see it again. Worth checking out.

Excuse the color and lighting. I had issues back then. 

Wurm-Launcher64-2020-11-21-17-08-01-511.

Edited by Shamgar
  • Like 3