Sign in to follow this  
Arimus

WU for the WO player

I posted last night about the steam sale going on for Wurm Unlimited for $7.49 until Jan 5 (regularly $29.99). Then it appears that someone moved my post to the Wurm Unlimited section. At first that might seem to make sense, as it is dealing with Wurm Unlimited. However, I'm going to suggest that anyone really looking at the Wurm Unlimited section already owns a copy of Wurm Unlimited. It's more likely to be useful information to people that haven't yet purchased a copy of Wurm Unlimited.

I think that having a copy of WU is actually handy for the WO player to try out some game mechanics (yes, I know that there are significant differences). Running your own local server with boosted skills can let you do things that you wouldn't be able to do in WO for years. Trying out different weapons and looks, recreating your online deed as a gm at 100x speed on your local server, or getting your wurm fix while WO is being upgraded all seem like good enough reason to make a purchase (especially at such a low cost.)  

• Like 6

Been trying to find youtube  vids on making a custom map from scratch not import someone 's  stuff.

Like a map totally  from scratch  that you make  from raising certain sections to lowering , so a flat terrain ..

Then adding resources and such ..

Thanks

On 1/2/2021 at 5:41 PM, Damascus said:

Been trying to find youtube  vids on making a custom map from scratch not import someone 's  stuff.

Like a map totally  from scratch  that you make  from raising certain sections to lowering , so a flat terrain ..

Then adding resources and such ..

Thanks

Pretty sure someone, maybe Retro? designed a tool you can use to completely create your own map with custom topography and stuff. Should be pretty easy to find if you search the forum

Edit: It was Budda:

Edited by BDCKoolaid