Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

Remove >100 and <-100 results being rerolled

Since "rewarding people for grinding super high" and preventing grinding past 75 being wasted effort is the hot topic of the month with the imbue discussion, can we remove this archaic system and instead have <-100 and >100 rolls instead just cap to -100 and 100 instead of rerolling, as these features make grinding any skill that doesn't cap max ql to skill level and deals in <20 difficulty actions, mainly creation skills, past 75 and especially past 90 almost worthless. Skills like metallurgy coalmaking locksmithing etc are hit especially hard by this weird mechanic, grinding from 70 to 99 coalmaking for example only increases your average coal pile ql from 70 to 76 when using 90ql mats, talk about a waste of time lmao

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 9

I agree with OR. Specially with coalmaking and metallurgy. Always seems crazy to me that high skill is not properly rewarded. and there is not real incentive to grind some skills to 90+ skill

Edited by KillerSpike

I have dropped grinding coal making when realized that there is absolutely no point to raise it above 80. It is a longer lasting imbalance than imbues and even more a discouraging system.

• Like 8

Pretty much all my high quality coal is from butchering hounds,  so go figure

speaking as a coaler, I endorse this idea.  It's absolutely ridiculous that the best coal comes from butchering instead of the skill that takes FOREVER to grind.

Hell, even being able to imp the piles somehow would be an improvement, or maybe a more advanced coal pile that takes 70+ skill to make that discards the mechanic OR mentioned.

• Like 3